Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nine of Cups/Page of Swords.  The Nine of Cups  (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about satisfaction of all kinds, particularly emotional satisfaction and feelings of fulfillment.  This card tells me that I believe I will attain my goals (I do!), but it warns me to be very detailed in what I wish for and what I visualize, for that is what I will get.  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) is kind of reinforcing that last bit.  This Page reminds me to use my mind and my intellect to analyze situations before I allow my heart to choose.  It reminds me that I must be honest with everyone, including myself, and it tells me to hang in there, and that nicely detailed picture in my mind of what I want to achieve will happen.

My Thoth card is Fortune reversed.  Fortune, or The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)), tells of destiny and fate and their effects on our lives.  This card reminds us that sometimes the hand that turns the wheel is not our own, but we still need to deal with the ups and downs of the cycles of life.  If we are smart, we will ride the wave, but since my Fortune card is reversed, I may find that I have been attempting to move against the currents today.

My Legacy card is The Tower reversed, flavored by The Devil reversed.  Eeep!  Three reversed Majors today!  The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) in an upright position tells of a violent or explosive correction that happens to us, often due to the influences of my other Legacy card, The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify)), which tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things.  Thankfully, both The Tower and The Devil are reversed today.  This does not mean that I won’t be dealing with temptation or upheavals, but I will have the calmness and faith in myself to choose the middle road, rather than any extreme.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number of new creation from the potential of 1 and the balance and polarity of 2.

My horoscopes: “Attempts to reach a potential or current business partner could go awry today, Sagittarius. Phone messages may not get delivered, e-mails could get lost, and letters remain unopened. This person is having a hectic day. Don't think he or she is upset with you. If you really need to reach this person now, you might have to go over there. Technology isn't going to do it for you today.”

And: “A long but necessary phone call from a close friend or love partner may take place at work today. Matters of immediate concern need to be resolved. You might feel uneasy about taking up company time, and could even attract some unsettling attention, but you need to have this conversation now. It probably won't create any long-term negative repercussions, so do what you have to do. You'll feel a lot better for having done it.”

My Shadowscape Insight is about the Five of Wands today.  I love the concept of “everyone for himself” that is connected to this card.  That kind of attitude can be exhausting, particularly when we are in a room full of people who are striving like mad to attain their own goals.  We may even be tempted to just lay down and give in, but we know that we would end up being trampled to pulp by the others, who cannot see or accept the concept of surrender.  The cool message of this card is that sometimes we can tap into all the frenzied energies of this kind of situation, and make use of them!

I stumbled on some interesting information today, and ended up spending some time reading some essays written by an Inca Spiritual Messenger.  Okay, some of the concepts presented by Willaru Huayta are a bit too “woo-woo” even for me, but there was quite a bit of wisdom to be had by reading his thoughts and interpreting them through my own spirituality.  Huayta believes we are a part of the generation that has the task of initiating the snowball effect of enlightenment (LOL, my words) that will bring humanity upward on the evolutionary ladder.

Below are Huayta’s words, excerpts of several essays, that seemed to jump out at me.

The children of the sun have existed since ancient times – since the last Golden Era.  Even as there are four seasons of the year, so the great cosmic ages follow one another.  After the Golden Era came the Silver Era.  Then the Bronze Age.  Then the Iron Era, the present era consisting of the last thousand years.  This last metallic era has a strong materialistic quality and has been an era of darkness, as people have fallen into egotism, using the forces of Mother Nature in a negative way.  It is a time of wars, of the coldness of metal . . . .  The Age of Iron, like a long winter, is now closing.  The new Golden Age, like spring, is announcing itself throughout the world.

Consider the world situation. We have proven that we cannot govern ourselves or others. Our destructive nature is all too apparent. It is a reflection of our limited consciousness. The priests of science cannot . . . experience the multidimensional world of spirit. The people of Earth, dominated by the dogma of scientific materialism and greed, have pillaged and ravaged the Earth. With the development of weapons, horrible beyond the imagination, they have brought us to the edge of the Abyss.

We must return to the Ways of Nature to receive illumination, to recognize the cosmic laws, and our bodies as temples.  Each person is a Sacred Temple. The physical body is a temple of the spirit of the Creator. It is honored that way and used as a vehicle of illumination and truth. With an illumined and awakened consciousness. The altar of that temple is the heart.  The fire of love, a reflection of the greater light, burns upon this altar.  The light within must be acknowledged, cared for, and venerated. 

We must return to the Ways of Nature and recognize that we are a part of the sun, moon, earth, water, and air. That Mother Nature is within us and we within her. Each of our lives are divine temples of Mother Nature and Father Creator. We must return to spiritual principles for our guidance.

We must heal ourselves for we are sick: psychologically and spiritually. Our divine consciousness is trapped; imprisoned by our ego. We must liberate our essence to be able to evolve. This is the awakening of a new era. Nationality is no longer important, nor race, nor tribe, nor social class, nor religions. We are flowers of many colors in the Earth garden. Human truth is one. The most important thing now is to awaken the consciousness in a positive form.

From the essays of Willaru Huayta, Incan Spiritual Messenger from Peru

These thoughts resonate deeply within me.  I have felt for some time now that humanity has focused way too much on technology, used technology as a crutch rather than as a support to our own natural abilities, and thus we are experiencing atrophy on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels.  We each need to find our Purpose, and if humanity in general continues to worry about its “stuff” and its “politics” and its “right to do and have what we want,” at any cost, we are going to end up extinct as a species.  The Goddess will shrug and then slap at the irritant, and we will be cast off our world as a pestilence. 

I don’t mean to be all gloom and doom today.  I am actually celebrating, because August is done and over, and we are now officially in September.  That is a good thing.  But I am trying to change my focus now, trying to strive toward attaining and perfecting the knowledge, wisdom, talents and skills that will allow me to evolve.  I think Huayta has some important input for me today in that regard.

Happy September!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment