Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Ten of Pentacles/Six of Wands reversed. The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is actually a very heavy card whose energies can weigh you down.  Because it tells of the completion of a cycle of the suit, it also tells of the successful accumulation of Earthly riches and blessings.  The challenge of the Ten of Pentacles is to **do** something with these riches before they become a ball and chain. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test.  This is a very powerful card because it represent balanced Fire, and it tells of a victory most likely in the physical world.  These two cards together make me think that maybe I may be feeling some kind of victory in the physical world, but the true test has not yet been presented.  

My Thoth card is the Four of Wands reversed. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established, as a beachhead, a pause before continuing, not as a finished product.  Crowley calls this card “Completion,” and while it does not represent a final completion, it does tell me that the realization that rules must be applied to Fire before I can make it work for me is key.  Fire is not about order and rules, and my Four of Wands is reversed, so I had better be careful.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Swords, flavored by the Five of Cups reversed. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) represents a disciplinarian, and a thinker.  She provides her rulings based on her own experiences, and provides justice with honesty and ethics.  And boy, is she just the card I need today.  Whatever the test is, and however strong the Fire is, this Queen is the one with the experience to deal.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position tells of the cloudy sludge that is stirred up when still waters are disturbed.  Because it is reversed, and paired with the Queen of Swords, I just may find that for today, my perception is clear and accurate.  **crosses fingers**

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to 2, the number of balance and polarity.

My horoscope: “This is a great day for you, Sagittarius. Unexpected reunions are possible, thanks to the lighthearted aura you radiate. You don't need to work very hard to bring everything your way. Your sunny personality attracts the fun and good fortune that you most certainly deserve. People are extremely lucky to be in your glowing presence on a day like this.”

And: “You may wake up feeling like you're under a black cloud this morning, but try not to let your pessimistic side take over every aspect of who you are today. Worry and concern will surround you, but there are a lot of positive -- even happy -- things you can focus on, so keep an eye out for them! Cheerful people will be able to lift your spirits very effectively, so surround yourself with the folks who make you smile -- not the ones who make you question your own abilities.”

And: “The general atmosphere of the day may seem too slow and stodgy for you. Try not to get bogged down in the details. Also, try not to worry too much. You may find that it is difficult to get any enthusiasm out of people today. You might just want to sit back and take it easy. This is a good day to plan and reorganize. Honor your recent achievements and consolidate all that you have worked for.”

My Sun reading: “You're a doer, not a talker this morning, and once started, there's no stopping you. This evening, if you're single, a restless Gemini Moon means lots of roving eyes. Since people are just skimming, the energy is good for potential acquaintances, though it's nice.”

Yesterday was an awesome day.  I spent the entire day in my much-loved Cape May garden, working in the steamy heat, with my flowers.  Despite the temperature in the 90’s, I was able to totally immerse myself in Earthly energies.  I nurtured, I watered, and a soft breeze helped me to deal with the heat of the sun.  When I went to sleep last night, the air was filled with that lovely, salty, mineral scent of the sea. 

Yesterday was a day of celebration for me as well; eight years ago, I joined Sacred Mists.  I never thought that being a part of Sacred Mists would have had such an impact on who I am, and on who I am becoming. 

More on the 19th Path.  Ted Andrews has this to say about this Path: “The symbols and images of this particular Path release fire-like energies into our lives so that we have no choice but to clear out the dross that has been accumulating.  This Path creates situations to strip away our illusions and the outer faces we present to the world.  Working this Path manifests situations to place us in a position of being only ourselves – the place where we find our one true strength.  This is the Path of fire.” Well.  My cards of today are hinting at some coming fire, or a difficulty in dealing with fiery events.   Looks like the 19th Path is not going to be as easy as I thought.

Andrews goes on to explain about the two magickal images associated with this path: the lion and the serpent.  The lion represents the inner sun, our courage and our strength of will.  The serpent, with its shedding skin, reflects the transformations which occur with growth, when we outgrow the old and are born into the new.  Oh boy.  The end result will be courage and the ability to depend on myself, but what trials will bring this?

$

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Sacred Mists anniversary! WOW! And good luck with the 19th path. Too bad you can't just get a little sunburned working in your garden and call that your fiery trial! But I believe in you, and await to hear what you learn from this one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love that idea. Sunburned in my garden; hopefully it will be that easy!

    Hugs and love!!

    ReplyDelete