Sunday, May 29, 2011


Five of Pentacles reversed/Justice reversed. The Five of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) traditional image shows a woman and a child, one of them injured in some way, travelling in the cold wind, with a church window behind them.  There is usually snow on the ground and on the trees, or a cold wind blowing, but the window, set in a strongly built wall of stones and mortar, usually appears lit from within.  The upright message of this card is that while things may not be going well in the physical world, there is a wealth of spiritual assistance available, which can be found if I look for it in the right place.  Because the card is reversed, this time of need may be passing away.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed). This card is about cause and effect, and about making adjustments in order to achieve balance.  Because the card is reversed, the time of adjustment may also be fading.

My Thoth card is the Three of Cups. The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive tenacious, nurturing, moody) tells of the possibility of experiencing emotional abundance, emotional connections to others (mainly due to things in common), and emotional support as a part of the day.  It tells of working and accomplishing things through love, and this could be what is replacing the energies of the Five of Pentacles and Justice.  Crowley calls this card “Abundance,” and it does seem to be the theme of the day.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands, flavored by the Seven of Wands. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the first spark of a new and exciting creative process, and an encouraging and empowering awareness of my own valuable creative talents. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) has a personal significance for me, given to me by Archangel Uriel.  I see this card as representing the approach of a Threshold, and the need to pass the tests of the Guardian.  Sometimes I am the person giving the test, but sometimes I am receiving a test from another; which will I deal with today?  I like the fact that this card is flavoring the potential of the Ace of Wands!  I am rested and feel ready to accept the opportunity for evolution that is being presented by the Ace.  LOL, I hope I am not biting off more than I can chew here!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of experience.

My horoscopes: “You may feel like someone's giving you the third degree, Sagittarius. You sense that you're being accused of something and that you need to defend your feelings and actions. Try not to fall into this trap. Don't let self-doubt sneak into the situation just because someone else questions your way of life. No one but you fully understands your situation.”

And: “An awkward silence can easily evolve into a long period of miscommunications. So if you put your foot in your mouth today, rely on honesty to dig you out of that hole -- be real, 'fess up and all will be forgiven. The worst thing you can do is dance around the truth -- you will only end up looking suspicious. Conversely, if it's you who is on the receiving end of a tacky comment, be generous and try to create an environment where the other person can be real and 'fess up.

And: “A project, which you're rather excited about, could require some intense work alone today. You might sometimes feel as if the four walls are closing in on you, but you need to concentrate in order to get the best possible results. You'll also need to take occasional breaks in order to clear your head. Nonetheless, at the end of the day you're likely to be quite happy with what you've accomplished. Go to it!”

My Sun reading: “A tactile Taurus Moon shines over a lovely day of good food, nice company, and romantic background music. The more cuddling you do, the better. It's a good time to tell someone how secure he or she makes you feel. If single, the lunar energy brings out the best in people.”

We are having a truly lovely holiday weekend.  We have walked, we have biked, we have spent lots of time on the front porch, talking to friends, neighbors and passers-by. The weather is cooperating nicely; we have sunny, warm days and cool, breezy nights.  Again, I have watched the waning moon, this time up above the Eastern horizon; oh, how I adore the sensation of friction, almost erotic friction, that gazing at the waning moon brings to me. 

Tonight, we are finishing our glorious weekend with a lobster feast.  LOL, talk about sensual pleasures!

The 19th Path has some very powerful symbolism for me today.  This is one of the Paths that crosses the Tree, that connects Geburah, the center of the Pillar of Form/Restriction, to Chesed, the center of the Pillar of Force/Expansion; this Path connects severity with mercy and punishment with forgiveness, and as the energy of the Path flows in two directions, it suggests a balance between two equal yet different forces. 

We all need firmness in our lives, and discipline.  However, if we are firm without compassion, our lives tend to dry up, and our connections to others begin to erode because firmness without compassion inevitably creates pain.  So, too, is the opposite not desirable.  Only applying compassion creates stagnation and wilt, for there needs to be the form and foundation of firmness to support that compassion.

In “The Witches Tarot,” Ellen Cannon Reed describes this balance of opposites as follows:

Thereby is strength and severity controlled and balanced by affection and gentleness, and gentleness strengthened and protected by might.  These lessons are learned on this Path.  We go from the Severity of Geburah, stripped of all that is unnecessary, or temporary, to receive the Mercy of Chesed.  We go from the Gentleness we learn in Chesed to gain the Might of Geburah.

It is this very balance that any Seeker must strive to become aware of, to understand, and to lace within every part and segment of life and of living.  Without this balance of powers, evolution cannot happen.  Chesed may bring us the understanding of Perfect Love and Trust, but Geburah brings the tests and challenges that allow us not only to wield that Perfect Love and Trust, but also to recognize when form is necessary to shape force, for power must be wielded with love in order to remain ethical.

I have been making the attempt to apply the concept of forgiveness lately; thankfully, I don’t have large issues to forgive.  But what I am finding is that choosing to forgive the small irritations presented by others, even if I have never acknowledged those irritations or announced my forgiveness of them, serves as a sort of healing for me.   By forgiving those irritations, I am releasing them so that they don’t remain, they don’t fester.  Yes, I have learned this about large hurts.  And what a difficult lesson that was.  It was only by forgiving (not forgetting, but a forgiveness that allowed me to let go of the hurt) that I was able to not allow past pains to continue forward with me.  This same applies to the smaller irritations as well.

This does not mean that I am allowing myself to be a door mat.  My dearest Curley has spoken of this, too, and she is a perfect example to me of someone who has balanced Might with Mercy.  And in balancing these two powers, I may end up in the background, in a supporting role, but that works perfectly for me. 

So far, I like this Path.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment