Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seven of Cups/The Chariot reversed. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) in an upright position lets us know that there are messages out there to pick up, and choices or opportunities to access. The bad thing about this card is the heaviness about it. It is almost as if I won the lottery and had all these choices being presented to me, jumping up and down and yelling, “choose me, choose me.” The only thing is that once I look at them all, I just might end up deciding to keep my money in my pocket. The Chariot corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), and is related to emotional control and the training of our emotions so that we can use them to bring greater good into our lives. This card in an upright position means action, and since it is reversed, and it is combined with another emotionally heavy card.

My Thoth card is the Six of Disks reversed. “Success” reversed, and this card keeps being thrown from my Thoth Tarot; Uncle Al must be trying to tell me something. The Thoth Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position has a heavy feel to it, and I guess in a way that makes sense. The thing that we need to remember about success is that it takes maintenance; we can’t just reach the appropriate level and then sit back; rather, we must keep alert and do what we have to in order to keep momentum alive. The traditional message of this card is related to resources, both those we have and those we don’t. My Six of Disks is reversed, though. Hopefully that means the heaviness associated with Crowley’s version of this card won’t combine with the emotional heaviness of my first two cards.

My Legacy card is The Emperor, flavored by the Six of Cups reversed. The Emperor (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change; Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive; Heh, window, illumination; and the Path between Tiphareth and Chokmah, dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) represents the power of the mind and of intentions to shape the world. The Emperor is about taking responsibility, he is about power and control over himself and/or others, and he is about manifesting his good intentions through ethics and order and stability and structure and regulation. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) in an upright position tells of beneficial connections with others. The card is reversed, and is flavoring The Emperor; I apparently may have trouble receiving satisfaction from any efforts I expend today to exercise my authority. I need to refrain from looking to past events, and perhaps take them into consideration as I plan for the present and the future; perhaps those past events don’t apply any more.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a focused response to the beginning of degeneration that is the number 7.

My horoscopes: “You should feel and look great today, Sagittarius. Your charm and social skills are at a high level, and your joviality and gift for conversation should make you a welcome guest at any social event. And you should be invited to a lot of them - perhaps too many! Enjoy this special time of sociability and friendship.”

And: “Your gift of gab is greater than ever today, so do the world a favor and talk to as many people as you can. Conversations about anything -- from the weather to your deepest hopes and dreams -- are going to keep you interested, intrigued and popular. This is a great day to talk to strangers, too, so don't limit yourself to the folks who are already listed in your address book. Shock a stranger by asking what his or her favorite Rolling Stones song is.”

And: “You enjoy caring for others and you intervene regularly in their lives to guide them. Ironically, today, you are the one who needs advice. You will probably need to get away from it all in order to get a clear view of your own life. You could decide, today, to take the necessary arrangements for a trip abroad.”

My Sun reading: “A ‘business’ Capricorn Moon accents all the good stuff like approval, assistance, and profitable ventures. You can be a real winner in a lot of ways. A ‘romantic’ Venus works magic. Speak to a significant someone of love tonight, because you've been thinking about what you want to say.”

To sum up the 21st Path: I need to visualize what I want, but I also need to remember that life will contrive to give me what I need, event if what I need does not resemble in the slightest what I want. Needless to say, working with this Path is presenting me with many opportunities to learn and understand this. It also reminds me that the results are not necessarily affected at all by either my wants or my needs. The Wheel of Fortune, the card connected to this Path, corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and tells of coming change and reminds us that sometimes change is inevitable, and happens in its own time and its own way.

Monday was a truly awesome day. I went out to work in my garden at about 11 am, and was just finishing up by 7:30 pm. Lovely day!! Not too sunny, but at least it did not rain. Right around 7 pm, I felt a change in the air; things had suddenly gotten cold and damp. When I looked up from the bed I was weeding, I was thrilled to see fog swirling around me. How had the fog snuck up on me like that? It was so beautiful. For the last half hour that I was out there, the rest of the world was gone, disappeared in the fog, and I was surrounded by peace and the beauty of Nature.

The rest of this week has been a time of cleaning up and cleaning out. I spent a lot of time going through my clothes, getting rid of things that I haven’t worn in years. LOL, I tend to wear the same group of clothes, and since my weight varies, I need to have two sets of wearable things. Usually, though, I end up also having a set of “once I lose this last five pounds I can wear this” clothes. I got myself into a ruthless mood and chucked a lot.

I also spent some time cleaning up my inbox. I still have more organizing to do there, but I got a good start on things. Looks like this week is kind of a dus week (*grins at Curly*), Blog-wise, but the “housework” needs to be done occasionally.

My Book of Shadows should arrive tomorrow!! It is being sent priority mail with delivery verification, so I am able to track its progress. Right now, it is actually in New Jersey! I really can’t wait to hold it in my hands, to feel its energies. Then, I’m going to need to go through my personal rituals again, do some last-minute tweaking before I immortalize my own Tradition into my permanent BOS.

Tomorrow night, the PBT will be getting together for the first time in a while. I really miss sitting around the table and talking to the Wayne Contingency, face to face. We all have a lot of catching up to do.

Saturday, our belly dance class will be performing our Skirt Dance at the Off the Beaten Path Mind/Body/Spirit Fair. I love the dance we have created!! I can’t wait to perform it. Then, I will be heading down to Cape May, to a full house of company; the OPC is having a golf outing!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment