Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Two of Wands reversed/Eight of Wands reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of the concept of applied power, and today I may find that not only am I able to tap into my own energy, but also that I will be able to effectively make use of that energy. This is not about the final manifestation, however, but rather about perceiving the initial vision. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position is about a sudden release of energy of some kind that clears away confusion.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Wands reversed. “Strength” reversed The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of being pro-active in response to issues, of reaching a point of drawing a line in the sand and saying “no further!” The saying associated with this card is that if it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger, and I should not turn away from challenges, for they are an opportunity to test myself, and to grow stronger.

My Legacy card is The Tower reversed, flavored by Death reversed. The Tower corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and it reminds me that there just might be some outdated facets of my life that need to be demolished and swept away. Today is certainly going to be a day for “sweeping away,” after last night’s storm; perhaps I am to do an internal “sweeping” as well. The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of transformation or change, both voluntary and involuntary, the ending of an era and the fear of the unknown result of change. Because my Death card is reversed today and paired with the Five of Swords, I need to be very careful that I remain aware of consequences; while I should not fear change or even fear the presence of this Five, I do need to make certain that my intentions are good

Since all of my cards are reversed, I pulled a clarification card from my Legacy Tarot, and threw the Ten of Wands. Okay, this makes perfect sense, since to me, all the reversed cards are telling me today that I have used up my Fire, but the cards are there, so there is a lot of potential to be accessed by me now, if I choose to avail myself of this potential. Makes sense, because Beltane is Sunday, just around the corner. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of the blocking of the creative power of the suit of Wands, most likely because the Fire of creativity has run out of fuel.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. Woooo Hooooo!! That is just what I am aiming for today.

My horoscopes: “A business deal that you may have been working to finish could require you to tie up a lot of loose ends today, Sagittarius. You might be pulled in a lot of different directions. Don't panic! Get some help if you can. Make a list of what you have to do and cross each task off as it's completed. Stay focused and all should go well. You will achieve the results you want.”

And: “There are many changes happening in and around you right now, as this is a strong period of growth and understanding in your life. New facts should start leading you to revise your conclusions about someone's recent behavior -- and an apology might be in order. Now is the time to act on what you think you should do, and to not be paralyzed by overanalyzing things. If you want things to keep moving forward, then you have to keep moving forward.”

And: “Aspects of your life that you have been neglecting lately might come to haunt you on a day like today. Make sure you are keeping up with all your duties and responsibilities. Things may be coming to a dramatic climax at this time, and you may find yourself at an important crossroads. Nervous energy might cause you to run around frantically in search of the right path. Don't let indecision stop you from helping you get to where you need to go.”

My Sun reading: “You have better chances to make the progress you want to make under today's trine of the Sun and Pluto. As a bonus, you feel confident and enjoy the company of lots of admiring honest, open people all day and evening. Significant others find this a good time to make an important statement.”

My efforts over the weekend have manifested. I am filled with the energies of Cernunnos and the Sacred Masculine. I can feel this energy coursing through my blood, along my muscles, and positively tingling with power through my energy channels, reaching to the farthest dark and dusty corners of my body and my mind. This is what I have been working towards!! This very feeling of electric energy filling my body and my aura! And my Tarot cards are all telling me that while I have not yet made the complete connection, every single one of the energies I need to clean out my body and burn away the lethargy that has been plaguing me are there, just waiting for me to tap into them.

Another Third Degree student posted the following in her Journal. This is very appropriate for me to remember today, for this raw and primal energy that is filling me is ripe for being infused with intention.


Live With Intention

Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Laugh.
Play with abandon.
Practice wellness.
Continue to learn.
Choose no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Lead or follow a leader, until you can lead.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.

Thank you, Aloni!

And no wonder I am filled with powerful energies today! The 21st Path connects the Younger Self and the image she has created of Deity, Netzach, the Vision of Beauty Triumphant, with the expansion and growth of Chesed, the Vision of Love, and moves up the Pillar of Force. I say again, wooo hooo! My biggest challenge today is to remain balanced; I keep grounding myself, and I am wearing my smoky quartz jewelry to act as a tether. Hope it works.

But I digress. In The Witches Tarot, Ellen Cannon Reed has this to say about the 21st Path: “The 21st Path is the Intelligence of Conciliation and Reward, and is so called because it receives the Divine influence which flows into it from its benediction upon all and each existence.” Reed says that this path offers us our dreams, not the dreams we have at night, but rather our dreams of perfection. We receive the image of what we would like to attain through this Path, as well as a yearning to attain that vision. The coolest thing is that often, as we explore the 21st Path, we realize that we are actually already well on the way to our goal.

The Hebrew letter for this path is Kaph, which represents the outwardly stretched palm of the hand, grasping at its goal (as opposed to Yod, the open hand or touch, of The Hermit). Palmists say that our destinies are written in our palms, as well as a description of our unique persona. All of the information being presented by the 21st Path is there to help me reconcile who I was with who I am, and with who I am becoming.

I see now that this Path is not about actually choosing; rather, it is about being aware of what is being presented to me from a Higher Source. I need to strive to see these possibilities as they really are, without coloring them with my own expectations, for I will not be able to access them in any other way. So far, that is the most important bit of information about this Path that I have realized.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment