Friday, April 29, 2011

The Moon reversed/Five of Cups reversed. The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and talks about the imagination, perception, and fear of the unknown. Often the fear attached to this card is connected to perception, but since the energies of The Moon are reversed, I may find that illusion has little or no effect on my day. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position tells of the cloudy sludge that is stirred up when still waters are disturbed. Because it is reversed, and paired with The Moon reversed, I just may find that for today, my perception is clear and accurate. **crosses fingers**

My Thoth card is the Seven of Disks reversed. “Futility” reversed. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of a heavy pause that just might be hard to counteract, due to the Earthiness of both the number 7 and the suit of Disks. Thankfully, the card is reversed, so if any stagnation appears, I should be able to wash it away pretty quickly.

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins reversed, flavored by Death reversed. Okay, three days in a row with the Death card. And wow, I am getting a lot of repeat appearances lately! I think the only card of today’s throw that has **not** appeared in the last two weeks is The Moon. The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reversed reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, but I am not always required to follow the prevailing tides. Not following those tides might be a more difficult choice, but it just may be worth the effort. The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of transformation or change, both voluntary and involuntary, the ending of an era and the fear of the unknown result of change. Death is irreversible, but its effects can be liberating.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious effort to restore balance and harmony.

My horoscopes: “It could be that you see mirages, Sagittarius, most notably in the environment around you. You may have the impression that people are lying to you or hiding something from you. Or it may be you're the one who lies about certain things or hides what you do. Why are you making things so complicated? Don't be afraid to express your feelings today.”

And: “If you're getting ready to make a big presentation today, don't worry -- your communication will be effective, and you will be in firm control of the process the entire time. Your ability to focus on small details without losing sight of the big picture is one of your greatest strengths -- currently outmatched only by your ability to balance your personal and public lives. Some very important people are noticing your impressive juggling abilities.”

And: “There is some likelihood that you've been a bit of a loner lately. It's as though you decided to look at things differently from the rest of the world, rejecting the individualistic viewpoint in favor of a more global one. Today, you may achieve a new phase in this process. You may attain some summit of consciousness from which you finally have the ability . . . to forgive!”

My Sun reading: “The Moon joins seven planets in Cardinal Signs today. There can be abrupt changes in communications, decision-making processes, and relationships. Things happen quickly. Thankfully, Saturn and Pluto ensure a focused perspective beginning tonight. The Aries Moon with "different strokes for different folks" Uranus says this won't be just another TGIF night.”

I submitted another essay for the Sacred Mists Blog. This one is titled "Tarot and the Two Sides of Balance." Hopefully, it will get approved and posted on the Blog.

I went back and re-read my thoughts and experiences with the 24th Path, since Death seems to be a regular part of my card throws for myself these days. I thought once again about the death of the personality, the death of the ego, and of the transformation from sympathy to empathy. I think these three are very important concepts for me now, and maybe even tasks for me to complete. What may help here is that Death brings us the effects of Spirit from below, as opposed to The Hanging Man, who brings Spirit to us from above. The other correspondence of Death that seems to resonate for me is the removal of a valued mask or the leaving behind of something of value. Kali Ma, my Dark Moon Goddess, tells us that the things of the physical world are in the end of no value to us unless we gain some non-physical benefit from them. It is that non-physical experience that we can take with us when we leave this plane of existence. She also reminds us that we should not fear this process of “leaving behind,” because the life force itself is eternal.

Another side of Death, particularly Death reversed, is birth and beginnings. And I actually surprised myself and watched a bit of the Royal Wedding coverage this morning. I was instantly captivated by the couple, they are young and beautiful, and seem to be in love. The occasional glance at each other seemed to be sweet, and LOL, sharing a secret or two. While our respective economies are in the trash can, it is refreshing and renewing to watch the pomp and circumstance of the traditions associated with a Royal milestone, presented from a new and more modern viewpoint. Evolution is a good thing. Congratulations, William and Katherine!

I am still receiving the Divine Downloads of the 21st Path. What a lovely sensation this is, and I am so gratified that if it begins to fade, all I have to do is consciously reach out to it, and I am flooded once again with sacred energies. The 21st Path is about learning to find our spiritual essence and then manifesting that essence in our lives. In “More Simplified Magick: Pathworking and the Tree of Life,” Ted Andrews talks of the Quest of the 21st Path. He says “The choice to hear and respond to the call of the Quest always remains with us,” and even when we choose to respond, the effects of this Path will not be straightforward. However, it does create for us circumstances that will offer a choice: we can choose to be open to growth, and then the path will open further for us, or we can avoid growth, and then circumstances will contrive to hit us upside the head with the metaphysical two by four. But this Path does not tell me that I am to be a martyr, for I am never alone, and help is always to be found within me.

“And you who seek to know Me, know that your seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the mystery: if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without. For behold . . . I have been with you from the beginning, and I am that which is attained at the end of desire.”

$

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am on your wavelength dear N! You're talking about all sorts of metaphysical things I'm thinking about. Too big to comment here, so we'll talk in person.

    But I will say this: I'm with you on the royal wedding! How cynical are we if we can't muster a bit of interest for something that is rather spectacular and beautiful, and rare, as is a royal wedding? They represent a cultural heritage that we Americans lack, plus they seem rather lovely and in love. What's not to celebrate? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too big to comment here, indeed!! What an awesome experience you had at Spring Farm.

    ReplyDelete