Monday, January 3, 2011

The Sun/Ten of Wands reversed. The Sun in an upright position corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and tells of a period of time when I am aware of my accomplishments and am able to take a moment away from hard work to enjoy what I have. The Sun tells of a period of fear overcome by courage, of a time when darkness is illuminated, and a time when steadfastness and reliability are important. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of the blocking of the creative power of the suit of Wands, most likely because the Fire of creativity has run out of fuel. The card is reversed, however, and this means that I might see more reward for my efforts today than if the card were upright. The potential to spin my wheels is present, however, even if the card is reversed, and I need to be aware of that.

My Thoth card is the Six of Wands. “Victory” is Crowley’s keyword for the Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative), which expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test. For today, my Fiery energies will be balanced; if I keep my nose to the grindstone and act with honor, I might be able to maintain that balance a bit longer. The cool thing about the Thoth Six of Wands is that it directly connects not only to the number 6, but also to the number 9, as there are nine flames burning amid the six wands. Very auspicious.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Coins, flavored by The Emperor. The Aces present potential only, unmanifested, and the Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world of Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes; stable, material and practical energy that is slow to change), usually either through financial or career focuses, regarding the home, or connected to my physical body and its health and well-being. I need to be aware that this day contains such Earthy potential, and do my best to manifest it in a positive way. The Emperor (Fire; Aries; Heh, window, illumination; and the Path between Tiphareth and Chokmah, dynamic male energy and the orogin of vital force and polarity) has much in common with the Ace of Coins, except that he has already manifested the potential presented in the Ace. He represents paternal love, which usually is seen as a stern love, an authority figure, and the enforcement of rules and regulations that maintain order. Looks like I will need to impose some structure onto my day in order to get things done.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of motion which dispels stagnation. Wow, sounds like that motion is going to be mostly good!

My horoscopes: “You may have many irons in the fire today, Sagittarius. People and projects could demand your attention, yet you may feel so dreamy and unmotivated that it could be hard to make progress on any of them. Creative solutions are the best route for you. Be flexible and open to other people's ideas, and make sure you consider the unlikeliest ways to tackle the issues.”

And: “If you have been looking for a time when things will free up a bit, today might be the day! Even if your schedule seems a bit full right now, you will be able to find all the time you need to explore new interests and focus more time on the passions and hobbies you already love. All work and no play is no fun, so there is nothing wrong with exploring the more recreational side of your life. Consider taking lessons or getting into a more formal environment when you can learn from other people.”

And: “If you're into computers and the Internet, you can expect to spend a lot of time today staring at a flickering screen. You may be doing some writing, or web design, or animation, but whatever it is, you'll probably find it noticeably better than what you usually produce. Intellect joins with intuition to produce inspiration and insight. Make the most of it now, and you might develop some new and lasting skills!”

I am very happy today, because Miss Pauline, our ghost, woke me up last night. I haven’t had her wake me since July of last year, and 2010 was not a big year for her presence. But last night she woke me up by sitting right up against me, and she pulled hard on my covers. I lay there for a bit, smiling to myself, and as the sensations began to ease, I said hi to her out loud.

I was worried that all the construction work we’ve had done since the Summer had chased her away, but apparently our Miss Pauline is still around. I will be here in Cape May again tonight, and I am curious to see if she will wake me up again.

I have been waiting until the right day to finish the Tree of Life, and today feels like the day to talk about Malkuth.

Malkuth (Kingdom) is the tenth sephiroth on the Tree, the fourth on the Pillar of Balance, and corresponds with Earth, the planet Earth (and the solar systems and galaxies of our Universe), and the element of Earth. Malkuth received emanations from all the other spheres in the Tree; all of the ideas and potentials from each sphere come together in the “reality” that is Malkuth. For many, the physical world is the only reality.

Although Malkuth is physical in nature, it is as sacred as Kether. “As above, so below” applies here, and many say that the Tree is actually upside down, which would make Kether the roots and Malkuth the crown. Kether is considered projective and Malkuth receptive. Before entrance into Malkuth we are not incarnate or bound to a physical vehicle; we pass through Malkuth both when we are born and when we die. The danger found in this sephiroth is inertia; inertia is conquered by discrimination and discipline.

We must never forget that Malkuth is not the ending; this sephiroth connects directly to Kether, and a new beginning of the cycle that is the Tree of Life.

My correspondence list for Malkuth is:

Magickal Image: Young Queen, Crowned and Throned

Planetary: Earth

Vice: Inertia

Virtue: Discrimination

Deity: Earth, Grain

Spiritual Experience: Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel

Briatic Correspondence: Stability

Illusion: Materialism

Obligation: Discipline

Path: Path 10, the number of completion of one cycle and the beginning of another.

Now that I have documented the foundational information of the sephiroths, I will begin looking at the Paths, which correspond to the Major Arcana of the Tarot. **smile** There is a method to my madness!

$

2 comments:

  1. The return of Miss Pauline! Huzzah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss!!! I haven't felt her for over seven months. I hope she sticks around!!

    Hugs and love!!

    ReplyDelete