Monday, December 27, 2010

The Star reversed/Nine of Cups. The Star in an upright position corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated and intellectual energy that may present problems or challenges), Aquarius, Tsadi (fish hook, experience or thought), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and it reminds me that while I may feel today that I have lost the path to enlightenment, if I look carefully I will see that really, nothing was lost at all. Sometimes the best way to really understand something is to move away fro it for a bit, and since The Star is reversed, I think I need to focus on other things for a bit in order to truly understand The Star. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, spirituality) is about powerful satisfaction on all levels (emotional, physical and spiritual) and a fulfilling sense of accomplishment. This is the “Happiness” card, and it shows that emotions are flowing in a nice and even manner, affecting many different parts of the day in a positive fashion. Perhaps once I allow this nice flow of energy to integrate my feelings, my emotion and my spiritual self, I will be able to turn that Star upright.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Cups. “Happiness” is throwing **two** Nine of Cups cards in one day! Crowley describes the happiness presented by this card as being that which is brought to us through good luck and the graces of Dame Fortune. The Cups on the Thoth card are arranged in the shape of the Tree of Life, with the water flowing out of the top Cup (Kether) and overflowing; in typical Crowley fashion, we are warned by this card that being sated contains an element of danger: stagnation, so we need to keep moving.

My Legacy card is the Six of Wands, flavored by The Hermit reversed. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative), tells me that I have been tested, and have been successful in overcoming the challenges of that test. However, I am told to allow myself only a momentary rest on my laurels, for I don’t want to allow the fire of achievement to die out. The Hermit in an upright position corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly). Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and points to hidden knowledge, attained through seclusion and tough introspection. The card is reversed, so I am being told that at least for today, I should allow myself to connect with the outer world and the ecstasies available there.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “It's time to loosen up, Sagittarius. The planetary aspects bring a new cycle of tolerance and understanding your way. You could use a bit of both. Take baby steps as you introduce the kinder, gentler you to your friends and co-workers. They won't accept a rapid transformation, but they won't mind gradual changes. Listen more and speak less. This can make a big difference in a relationship.

And: “Whether it's giving from your heart or letting others know that you're there for them because it's your duty, you're not shy about being generous. You've been put in a position of leadership lately, and are quite happy to do it. Your reward will be along shortly, and while you won't expect it, don't act like you don't deserve it. You do, and you know it. So if others want to thank you, let them. Smile discreetly, and don't duck out the back door.”

And: “It's on days like today that it's important to take time out to reflect upon the events of the past few days. Is it possible you've decided to change certain things about yourself and your behavior? If you could just devote a few minutes a day to all the little details in your personality, the changes will go much more smoothly. The atmosphere today may help you think about this.

The Blizzard of 2010 is now history. I was out walking yesterday when the first flakes began to fall at about 10:45 am. By the time my walk was finished, it was snowing lightly but steadily. When we woke up this morning, there was at least 20 inches, if not 2 feet, of snow on the ground. And so the shoveling began, but despite being cold, the sun was shining and the sky was blue; a glorious Winter day! It is almost 2:30 pm now; I don’t have to go into work, so I am getting some things done on the computer, and then I am going for a walk.

The next sephiroth on the Tree of Life is Yesod.

Yesod (Foundation ) is the ninth sephiroth on the Tree, the third on the Pillar of Balance, and like the Moon, which is the heavenly body most easily reached from our Earth, it is the most easily reached non-physical sephiroth of the Tree. Yesod provides the life force that animates our physical selves, so in a sense, we are always experiencing Yesod. Yesod contains the astral or etheric plane, and it is within Yesod that we build thoughtforms and intentions. It is the sphere of illusion, and like the Moon, which appears to grow and shrink but actually stays the same size, Yesod is the hole of our visualizations of that which is not yet manifested in physical form.

Yesod is not only the last step before physical manifestation, but it is the first step after physical manifestation as well. Our physical bodies are born and die within Malkuth, but our personalities are born and die within Yesod. This sphere is the home of the Self, and of the Dark Night of the Soul. Only after we dispel the illusion of failure and do the work to achieve forward motion once again will we truly understand the energies of Yesod.

My correspondence list for Yesod is:

Magickal Image: Beautiful Naked Man, Very Strong

Planetary: Moon

Vice: Idleness

Virtue: Independence

Deity: The Moon, Fertility

Spiritual Experience: Vision of the Machinery of the Universe

Briatic Correspondence: Receptivity, Perception

Illusion: Security

Obligation: Trust

Path: Path 9, the number of completeness of experience.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment