Monday, December 6, 2010

The Emperor reversed/Judgement reversed. The Emperor (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change; Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, pioneering; Heh, window, illumination; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Chokmah, the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured) represents the power of the mind to shape the world, and I am being told that this kind of power may not be accessible for me today. This power is about organization, and about the ability to live and function within an organized world. I need to remember that each rule and requirement is in place for a reason, even if that reason is not readily apparent to me right now. Judgement (Fire; Pluto, power, metamorphosis, change and rebirth; Shin, fang; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and physical, outer reality, and Hod, which provides analysis and communication) in an upright position tells of a reckoning that allows the union of the material and spiritual worlds into one manifestation. Because the card is reversed, these energies are not able to easily have an effect today; because both of these cards are reversed, I may find that more free-flowing focuses may work better for me.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Disks. “Prudence” is the keyword Crowley assigns to the Eight of Disks (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented), and from his viewpoint, this card tells me that as far as money and security are concerned, at times there is much benefit to be had from doing nothing. This card tells of the time when the seeds are sewn, and there is not much else to do but wait for the harvest. But still, maintenance is necessary, as well as patience.

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords, flavored by the King of Swords. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, competence, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, soul growth, duality, spirituality) deals with insight, perceptions and the use of the intellect, but through a child’s wonder. This Page is telling me to ask the question, “Why?” because I will learn through the answers I receive, and he is telling me to speak my truth. The flavoring of the King of Swords (the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius) brings a bit of maturity to the Page; The King of Swords is able to make clear and accurate judgments without the distractive clouds of emotions; this King is not a passive leader, however, and combined with the youthful intensity of the Page, I am presented with some mental intensity. The message of this King is to make choices based on logic and rationality.

My Pearls of Wisdom New Moon card is The Hierophant. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity). The old ways and the ancient traditions speak to the moment, and the lessons are available to me, should I pass the test of worthiness. These mysteries are worth attaining for they are part and parcel of alchemical transformation. The energies presented are at one time the question ~and~ the answer.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the ending or completion of a cycle, which further reduces to the number 1, new beginnings and the concept of position.

My horoscopes: “Things coming at you from all sides are forcing you to make a move, Sagittarius. Try not to feel pressured into something you don't want to do. A nervous restlessness is apt to take over your being and urge you to act. Don't let other people's energies dictate your actions. Secure your position and be strong. Don't be lured into situations you know are bad for you.”

And: “Just because you've stumbled a few times in your past doesn't mean you won't have huge success in your future. Don't let your insecurities get the better of you right now -- and avoid folks who like to focus on the negatives. The glass is half full, not half empty. Don't you remember that you're bigger than your faults? Other people understand that, and they're waiting for you to make your next bold move so they can cheer you on.”

And: “Energy stored up inside of you is begging to be released. Do your physical body and mental self a favor by going outside and getting some brisk cardiovascular exercise. You will find that you have a great deal of emotion to burn off, and today is the perfect day to do it. Take this opportunity to give your system the jump-start it needs to get on a healthy exercise track again.”

Well, I made it through my first busy holiday weekend with my sanity intact. We went to a nice holiday get-together on Saturday night, and last night, my dance partner and her family came for dinner. My first attempt at baking a red velvet cake fell short, but I think I know how I can adjust the recipe, and I will try again. And this morning, I saw my first snow flurries.

I am feeling the beginnings of the first tendrils of anticipation of the return of the Sun Father. The Goddess is heavy with pregnancy, and She is moving slowly and resting often in preparation for birth. I can feel that She is enjoying these last moments of quiet and dark, even though She looks forward to the end of Her pregnancy. I also am looking forward to the return of the Sacred Masculine (even though I am enjoying these last days of the dark and quiet); this time between Samhain and Yule has been very beneficial for me this year. I have cleaned out the things that are no longer of use to me and I have solidified my connection to the skills and talents that I will bring forward into the next cycle.

I am also feeling quite a bit more confident in myself. I have weathered some storms these past months, and each time I did my best to do the right thing. This confidence is not necessarily connected to being successful every time I am tested, but rather it is the confidence that I have the skills and talents necessary to create a plan for dealing with most of the challenges that might appear to me. Success is never guaranteed, but the test is more rewarding and gratifying to contemplate when I have the experience necessary to prevent panic.

All in all, I went into this dark quarter of the Wheel feeling a bit unsettled. But so far, it looks as if I will come out of the quiet darkness of Winter a more confident and skilled Witch, with a good handle on the practice of my Craft, and of the Path to be taken from here.

The Pagan Brain Trust had the most awesome Reiki Share last night. Each of us has embraced Reiki, but we have each also embraced the concept of the Internet being a part of the astral realms. Tara in particular has totally embraced the inclusion of the Internet in her workings; and I have been attending online rituals and participating in online Reiki Shares for some time now. But I must say, my experiences with Internet workings of all kinds conducted with my fellow PBT-ers go way beyond what I experience with others. The PBT is truly an example of what Witches are becoming; we are evolving, and we are honoring the knowledge and wisdom that have brought us forward and we are embracing the future, making technology our own. Today’s Wiccan, with her thumb drive Book of Shadows alongside her athame, with her rituals conducted in chat rooms, and with her sigils being launched through emails, has the ability to change with the world around her, and yet remain true to the core values of the Craft.

The next sephiroth to be considered as I move through the Tree of Life is Geburah.

Geburah (Might) is the fifth sephiroth on the Tree, the second on the Pillar of Form/Restriction, and also known as Judgment, and Fear. The manifestations of this sephiroth can indeed be difficult, but they are not evil. To some, an easy life is an ideal situation, but to Pagans, an easy life lacks opportunity for growth and evolution, and they are the purpose of living. The effects of Geburah and just as necessary for balance and health as are those of Chesed.

Geburah also tells of the sacrifice that is necessary to keep the Wheel turning. It tells of the sacrifice, the physical death, which releases energy back into the system. This balance is absolutely necessary, for the serenity of Chesed occurs through the supportive workings of Geburah.

My correspondence list for Geburah is:

Magickal Image: Warrior in Chariot

Planetary: Mars

Vice: Cruelty, Wanton Destruction

Virtue: Energy, Courage

Deity: Warrior, Avenger

Spiritual Experience: Vision of Power

Briatic Correspondence: Power

Illusion: Invincibility

Obligation: Courage

Path: Path 5, the number of motion imposed on stability to test validity.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment