Thursday, December 16, 2010

Queen of Pentacles/The Wheel reversed. The Queen of Pentacles (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, competent, cunning) is one of my favorite cards. She is the Minor Arcana version of The Empress, and while she may not be able to create new life, she is very good at sustaining life of all kinds. She tells me that spiritual enlightenment can be found through a secure foundation, a happy home. The Wheel of Fortune corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and in an upright position, it tells of coming change and reminds us that sometimes change is inevitable, and happens in its own time. Because this card is reversed, there may be a disconnect on my part regarding the cause of any changes to come, and I need to remember to go with the flow.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Cups. “Debauch” is Crowley’s keyword for the Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, compulsive, mysterious), and indeed its energies can be dangerous. Within the traditional imagery of this card, a Seeker is offered a choice between Cups containing what appear to be treasures, but upon further consideration, we see the dangers that come along with those treasures, dangers that manifest if we become too enamored with the pleasures attached to each treasure. The Wreath represents The World of the Tarot Majors, and corresponds with Saturn, and discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance. The Castle corresponds with The Tower and Mars, and action, aggression, spontaneity and drive. The Woman corresponds with The Empress and Venus, and beauty, allure, pleasure and relationships. The Snake corresponds with The Magician and Mercury, and reason, intelligence, education, skill and communication. The Veil corresponds with The High Priestess and the Moon, and feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination. The Jewels correspond with The Wheel of Fortune and Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune. Finally, the Dragon corresponds with The Sun of the Majors, and our own Sun, and the inner core of a person or situation. Many choices; which will work for me?

My Legacy card is The Magician, flavored by the Four of Wands. Wooohooo, watch out, world!! The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury, Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility), and he has the power to transform his world through the use of his Will. I am being told that I have the knowledge and the skills and the tools to manifest my desires; I am ready to be a conduit for power, power sourced from the Divine. The Four of Wands (Venus in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, competitive) tells me to take a few moments to enjoy viewing my progress thus far, but I am not to stop too long, for there is still a lot of work to be done.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to 2, the number of balance and polarity.

My horoscopes: “Things should go well for you today, Sagittarius. Your romantic nature is piqued. You will find that an aggressive approach toward your loved one is just what's needed to jump-start the relationship. If you're single and looking for love, this is a good day to get out and ask someone to dance. Neaten up your appearance and wear a snazzy outfits, regardless of the situation.”

And: “You're in that mood -- the one that makes your friends either avoid you or cancel their appointments to spend all their time with you, depending on their general dispositions. You're after nothing less than entirely new experiences, and you're not afraid to speak your mind to anyone who suggests that you should be less reckless -- regardless of whether they're offended or shocked by what you say or do. What fun!”

And: “You should be looking especially beautiful today, but you may feel that it's wasted because your beloved isn't around to appreciate it. Cheer up! It'll only be for a few days, and you'll still look pretty good by then. Try to keep yourself busy, preferably doing something you love to do, so your enthusiasm will enhance your beauty. Your friend won't be away forever. It only seems that way.”

After two weeks of making certain that I do my stretches each day, I am finally feeling physically strong again. And my connection to my energy body is stronger, too. Each day that passes, that brings me closer to Yule, increases my anticipation for the rebirth of the Sun. This next turn of the Wheel is going to be exciting for me and filled with new focuses.

I am still being drawn to Danu’s Well. I am still sitting at its edge, thinking about the changes to come. I will be loosing half of my hours at work, and half of my paycheck, too. That means the time has come for me to launch my new business, Sukha, and begin offering Thai Massages as a professional. The big test is almost upon me!!

Tomorrow is the Wayne Contingency's first Solstice Salon. I am going to meet other people who are important to my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust, and I am very excited about this. What an excellent way to usher in the Winter Solstice of Yule!

The next sephiroth on the Tree of Life is Netzach.

Netzach (Victory) is the seventh sephiroth on the Tree, the third on the Pillar of Force/Expansion, and represents achievements, emotions and love in all its forms. Netzach represents the energy we have given to the image of Deity, not Deity itself; the form of Deity comes later. Netzach is the glimpse of the Machinery of the Universe in all Its glory, and it is the energy that we all charge with a purpose and then release, within our rituals of worship and magickal workings.

Netzach is the artist in us all, the one that the Talking Self represses, but that the Younger Self loves to visit and play with. We all need to allow this creativity infused with joy and love to have free reign in our lives.

My correspondence list for Netzach is:

Magickal Image: Beautiful Naked Woman

Planetary: Venus

Vice: Impurity

Virtue: Unselfishness

Deity: Love

Spiritual Experience: Vision of Beauty Triumphant

Briatic Correspondence: Nurturing

Illusion: Projection

Obligation: Responsibility

Path: Path 7, the number of the pause that happens at the beginning of change or degeneration.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment