Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Judgement reversed/Ace of Cups. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and in an upright position it represents the integration of the entire self, through answering for your actions and receiving the appropriate response. Because the card is reversed, that integration is not happening right now, but the potential for it to happen is there because the card is there. I must remember that where I have been determines where I am going, and perhaps I need to look back a bit before I close the chapter. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential for the beginning of a relationship of some kind, one that may be filled with the potential to bring enlightenment and understanding. This Ace is not a guaranty of happiness, but it tells me that I have the power to make happiness for myself. Most important: I need to love myself no matter what the outcome; I should always remember what my Patroness, Danu, told me: “There is no judgment here; only that which you impose upon yourself.”

My Thoth card is Death reversed. Excellent! Perfect card for Yule day! The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and Uncle Al sees this card as telling of transformation or change, both voluntary and involuntary. Most of the time, this change is connected in some way to existing circumstances, and can seem to be brought about by destruction or endings, but the destruction or endings are not what they seem. The Thoth Death card is connected to the alchemic process of putrefaction (fermentation or decomposition; a necessary phase of a new beginning), the passage of time, and the process of rebirth. Because the card is reversed, there may be fear of change, or alternatively, a sense that change is not happening fast enough or the way it was supposed to happen. I need to be aware of this last fact, and I need to pay attention.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Cups, flavored by Judgement. Bookends Judgement cards! The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) is at ease in emotional situations, and she is sensitive to the emotional states around her. She understands very well that the way to get meaning into life is to love, to love others and to love oneself, and that is her message to me today. Love is the great connector, and it opens the door to both spiritual fulfillment and self-forgiveness. Only by reconciling the different parts of myself can I finally hope to attain that fulfillment. I need to be aware of where I have been as well as where I want to go; with this awareness I will be prepared to begin the next journey.

And LOL, on a “bookends day,” 12/21, I have bookend cards! Here is a bit more in-depth information about the Judgement card. Judgement has similarities to Justice, Death and The Tower. However, the Judgement card is not about destruction or creation, but rather about celebrating successes, admitting to and owning failures, and creating integration. It is the penultimate card of the Major Arcana, followed only by The World, which is the gateway to a new cycle of evolution. Judgement prepares for that new cycle by dealing with past events and understanding their consequences in order to wipe the slate clean. It tells us that the time is here to make a fresh start, even if that fresh start involves making some hard choices, and guilt or self-recrimination will only hold us back. Judgement is the XXI card, and the number 21 reduces to the number 3, corresponding with the concept of location, breadth, and the creation of something new from a pair of polar opposites.

My Pearls of Wisdom Full Moon card is the Page of Cups, and my Pearls of Wisdom Lunar Eclipse card is the Ace of Cups reversed. Cool; these two cards are connected, for traditionally the Page is seen as bringing the message of the Ace to a Seeker. The Pearls of Wisdom Page of Cups (Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius) is seen as being courtly, reflective, trustworthy and helpful. He feels things strongly, probably too strongly for his lack of experience, but in any event, he kneels reverently before the Great Mother. His message is regarding the Ace of Cups, which in an upright position is interpreted by the Pearls of Wisdom Tarot as presenting a clearing or cleaning of the heart that brings new freedom and spiritual refreshment. Because the Ace is reversed, my Page may be reminding me that my feelings have an impact, and thus I need to be more aware of what I am allowing myself to feel. No matter what, I should not forget to acknowledge the privilege of living, of being alive. I need to see events as positive for me, even if at times I fear that I am in over my head.

My Pearls of Wisdom Yule/Winter Solstice card is the Ace of Wands reversed. Another reversed Ace! The Ace of Wands (Cancer, Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells of the first spark of a new and exciting creative process, and an encouraging and empowering awareness of my own valuable creative talents. Because the card is reversed, I may not be too confident about those talents, but they are there! I need to focus on reconnecting with them as this new year begins.

Since I have a bookend pair of the Ace of Cups, here is a bit of in-depth information about this Ace. The Ace of Cups is seen to represent the Holy Grail, and Love. All of the Aces represent the purest root or potential of their individual suits; that potential is real, but it is waiting for a catalyst in order to begin the process of manifestation. The suit of Cups is about feelings, emotions, intuition and the subconscious, and so the potential presented by this Ace could very well manifest into one of those effects, or illuminate my current position regarding them. The potential found within the Ace of Cups also assists us in empathizing with others, and understanding the emotions of others. It presents the desire to understand, and thus the need to manifest the understanding. Connections to others create intimacy, and it is through intimate relationships that we form strong bonds. Whether upright or reversed, the presence of the Ace of Cups in a spread usually indicates that in the end, we will find that love is at the heart of the matter.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that represents the pause before degeneration begins.

My horoscopes: “You have the gift of being able to get your great ideas across to others. In your family, you may be the one who teaches your children about life and its responsibilities. Today someone might teach you something you didn't know. You should never forget that education means communication, and communication is the exchange of ideas.”

And: “You're just being you, enjoying the hubbub all around you and following your mood. The funny thing is, your relaxed manner and optimistic attitude are far more alluring than other people's best come-hither looks or tightest pants. So right about now, you're attracting all sorts of admirers, for all the right reasons. And interestingly, relationships are in the stars. If you're in one, it may intensify; if not, you soon could have that option.”

And: “Rational thought gets muddled today as everything seems to be happening to you at once. Everyone wants your advice, lots of people need favors, and there are plenty of new tasks waiting for you. Stay calm and don't react by getting short with people. Play triage officer and help those in the most need first. Warn the others you might not get to them. This way you won't make yourself crazy. Hang in there!”

Looks like today’s post is mostly about Tarot. But I will add this bit of Yule Joy: I brought a box full of crystals outside after dark last night and spread them out on the table on our back yard deck, as well as some water (to be charged for my personal rituals), so that all could be charged under the Yule full moon and the lunar eclipse scheduled for the wee hours of Yule morning. What a great opportunity to get a huge bang for my buck, energy-wise! I then set my alarm for about 3:10 am, and my son, Brian (who also got up to view the eclipse), and I put on our coats and went outside. The moon was high in the sky and was a beautiful copper color; I stood for long moments, allowing the diffused eclipsed light and the lovely full moon lunar energy (the moon was full at 3:14 am, while we were outside) to fill my aura, before going back to bed for a few more hours. I am still tingling! Then, I spent some time at sunrise (approximately 7:15 am), absorbing the solar energy of the newly risen sun. Awesome way to begin my Yule celebrations!

Happy Yule!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment