Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Six of Cups/Queen of Cups reversed. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive) is about simple pleasures, about enjoying effects or events even if (or maybe particularly because) they cost no money at all. And that enjoyment is not done in a solitary fashion, for it is so much more fulfilling to share our pleasures with others. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) in an upright position represents someone who is not only very in touch with her own emotions and her subconscious, and who hears her Inner Voice with clarity, but also someone who is very good at helping others to get in touch with their own emotions, subconscious and Inner Voice. She is reversed today, which might be telling me that I may not feel that I want to interact with others in this fashion today, as is expected of me. However, that Six of Cups is telling me that there is a carrot on the end of the stick, and the interaction might feel nicer than I expect.

My Thoth card is the Six of Cups reversed. Crowley calls the upright Six of Cups the “Pleasure” card, and he feels this is one of the best cards in the Tarot. LOL, big praise from Uncle Al. The pleasure represented by this card in an upright position is pleasure that is well on the way to reaching maximum, but not quite there yet, so it is still vibrant and fertile. Because the card is reversed, it could be warning me that all these Cups in my throw today could be turning me into a Cups addict, and I need to beware of claiming too much of what is in the Cup.

My Legacy card is Death reversed, flavored by the Queen of Coins reversed. Death corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts and energies that are sensitive, imaginative and tend to stay the same), Scorpio, Nun (fish head, liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and in an upright position it would tell of an exciting (and maybe frightening) transformation that could be happening at this very moment. Because the card is reversed (and taking into consideration my own growth), I am being told that the threshold has already been passed through; the time of ending is over, and I need to begin to look forward now. But before I begin my new journey, I need to take inventory. Now is the time to leave behind the things that I no longer need. The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) in an upright position is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly; her main weakness is that her focus on protecting and maintaining can sometimes cross the line into obsession. Because she is reversed, that tendency to obsess is flavoring the Death reversed, and I need to remind myself that while creating a strong and stable foundation is a good thing, sooner or later (probably sooner!) I need to move away from the predictable and venture into the unknown. And I can’t allow her to do the inventory, or we won’t get rid of anything!

Hmmm . . . two Queens today, both reversed. The Queen of Cups is about tapping into the flows of emotions and the subconscious, while the Queen of Coins/Pentacles is about making decisions that bring tangible results. They both touch on health, one more on emotional health and the other on the physical systems of the body; since both emotions and the physical body are related, there may be some disconnect today regarding a health matter.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Today is going to be a great day for you, Sagittarius. You aren't one to embrace rules, constraints, or restrictions of any kind, preferring instead to reside in a fantasy world where no limitations apply. Have you considered that it's possible for you to join the rest of us here on earth and still retain your liberty and ideals?” LOL, eerrr . . . no??

And: “You will see some big bright signs that will prove to you that you are on to something -- keep following your instincts and keep going in the direction that feels right. There is a role that you never thought would fit that you're starting to get comfortable in -- just goes to show you that life always has surprises that help keep you on your toes. Community involvement could give you a bigger sense of purpose, so consider moving into a volunteer situation.”

And: “Today, you will be destabilized by the day's events. What should you decide to do when all your efforts will seem vain? You could come to the conclusion that there is no need to try to make things change. But somehow, the very same day, everything becomes simple almost childlike. You could say that sometimes life is hard to understand.”

I have come to enjoy taking a few moments each day and sitting by Danu’s Well. I don’t feel the need to jump again; perhaps it is not yet my time. But sitting there, I can feel a huge pulsating energy emanating from the depths of the Well that causes my solar plexus chakra to open wide and my Hara Point to throb. This is such an amazing and powerful feeling! And connecting with this energy also offers me rejuvenation; if I am tired, either physically or mentally, just a few minutes sitting besides the Well, connecting with its energies is enough to jump-start me.

Last night, just before bed, I allowed myself to approach Danu’s Well. Tonight there was no fog, although the nighttime air was damp and cool. I sat besides the Well (which glowed ever so slightly with an orangy-red light, as if some fire was burning way down in its depths), closed my eyes and concentrated on the lovely pulsing in my core. After a bit, I was joined by Erell (one of my Spirit Guides; his story is within this journal).

Erell smiled and with a twinkle in his handsome, dark eyes, he asked me what I thought of Danu’s Well. I told him that I had never known anything like it, and it was in many ways a fascinating enigma. I described my attempt to discover what was at the bottom of the Well, and he nodded and agreed that perhaps the time had not come for me to experience the Source. But the time had certainly come for me to know of Her Well.

I told Erell that what I felt when I sat besides the Well was more than enough for me at this time. I described the incredible pulsing energy that fills my solar plexus chakra and my Hara Point as I sit besides the Well. Erell looked surprised! He then told me that he feels the power being emitted here, but he feels that power in and around his third eye chakra, not his solar plexus chakra. He wondered if everyone would experience the energy of this place in a different way.

Suddenly I saw a connection. I experience the energy of Danu’s Well through my solar plexus chakra, which is the seat of the Sacred Masculine and all masculine (outer and active) energy within our bodies; Erell experiences the energy of Danu’s Well through his third eye chakra, which is the seat of the Sacred Feminine and all feminine (inner and receptive) energy within our bodies. Perhaps this energy is in part a catalyst for balance!

Again, Erell looked surprised, and then he smiled and nodded. This made perfect sense to us both. I don’t know if I am right, but time will surely tell!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment