Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Lovers reversed/Nine of Pentacles reversed. The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) is a very powerful card for me personally, filled with symbolism, the least of which is the presence of Archangel Uriel and His effects on my day. Because the card is reversed, I am being “pinged” because I am missing something that might have to do with one-to-one relationships or any personal choices or decisions that need to be made. The Nine of Pentacles (Venus in Virgo) in an upright position is about accomplishments within the physical realms; since it too is reversed, I may very well feel a powerful disconnect within my physical world activities today. I may not be effective in work, at home, or regarding health or money. Oy.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Disks reversed. In an upright position, this card represents a person who diligently (and boringly) completes every responsibility to the letter. “Neither rain nor snow nor sleet nor the gloom of night . . .” certainly applies to the Prince of Disks (cusp of Leo and Virgo), but he lacks any emotion or compassion or creativity at all. Because the Prince is reversed, I may find that I have that emotion and compassion and creativity, but not being grounded at all can be a problem, too.

My Legacy card is The Hanging Man reversed, flavored by the Page of Cups reversed. What’s up with the reversed cards today? The Hanging Man is a peculiar and powerful card, whether upright or reversed. It corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts; emotional and imaginative energy which attempts to prevent changes), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, altered states), Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed), and whether upright or reversed, it tells of the benefits to be had from altering my perceptions. The Page of Cups reversed was in my reading yesterday, also paired with a Major Arcana card. In an upright position this card corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering), and again I am being ward that my physical senses will not be helping me to hear the message of my Inner Voice. Together they tell of an imbalance, perhaps a lack of grounding.

All of my cards are reversed, and all of my cards seem to be warning of a huge disconnect of some kind. I feel as if the balance I need will come from the element of Earth. I need to connect for a bit to its “cold/binds and dry/shapes” energies and flood myself with stable, material and practical focuses. No fast changes today. But since balance is the key, I can’t allow myself to stray too far into Earthly energies; perhaps I should also work with the Watcher Regulus.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of motion added to stability to prevent stagnation.

My horoscopes: “You may have to make an important decision today, Sagittarius. It has come to the point where someone draws a line in the sand and challenges you to cross it. Do you stay where you are and continue on without that person, or do you join them and support their goals and actions? The conflict today is between your head and your gut. Don't limit your choices to two. There are always compromises.”

And: “Oh, goodness, that boss of yours can sure drive you crazy sometimes, can't they? Well, don't let it get to you. Everyone has to deal with difficult authority figures from time to time. Instead, try to immerse yourself in the details of your work. Make sure every t is crossed and every i is dotted. You may not get the recognition you deserve for all your hard work, now, but have no fear -- your time is coming. And it may arrive sooner than you think.”

And: “Today may be a rough day for you, in which you may find it hard for you to make a decision about anything. Refrain from making any major moves having to do with finances or real estate. Concentrate on yourself and the answers will come to you from within. Be realistic and practical when it comes to your emotions. You may find it hard to connect with someone tonight, so stick close to home and focus inward.”

Okay, everything seems to be warning me to brace for impact.

I am still feeling a huge difference in my awareness of the background hum of energy that surrounds me. It is as if while I was sleeping on Sunday night, a switch was thrown and everything was changed. Or maybe, some Cosmic Download has completed its installation and the biological interface that is my brain has been completely updated. Raushanna 2.0., now available!

I have been returning just about every day to the place that Danu led me to during a recent meditation, a place that I now call “Danu’s Well.” I finally saw it without the accompanying fog. The Well is in the middle of a large rocky area, bedrock, at the Western edge of a meadow of tall grasses; the rim of the Well looks like dressed stone, but upon closer examination I can see that the stone “blocks” around the rim of the Well are natural. The trees immediately beyond this area of bedrock are very old, and are apparently dead. They have thick trunks and huge branches, but the branches appear to be stubs, with no smaller branches or new growth at all. The whole area is damp, and is usually blanketed with fog. And interestingly enough, it is always either deep twilight or completely dark here at the Well, even when the afternoon sun is shining on the rest of the meadow.

The Well is positively pulsing with power and energy; whatever is the Source of that energy is far below but I can feel it throbbing against my aura.

Even though I visit the Well for a few moments most days, I don’t know yet what I am supposed to do with it or about it. However, I have confidence that when the time is right, the answer will appear.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment