Monday, November 29, 2021

November 29, 2021: The Magician and the VII of Pentacles

Gotta love repeat cards!

The Magician card has such a powerful image! It shows a man with a beard in a hooded robe; the shadow of the hood blocks his eyes so we cannot see if he is looking at us, or if his eyes are closed.  Behind him is a dark horizon; the sky behind the horizon is lit with orange smoke and steam and sparks, as if a conflagration was burning just out of sight.  Silhouettes of wands and swords grounded in the dark earth surround him, and above him is a golden lemniscate or infinity symbol, representing infinite quantity.  The Magician's arms are raised with elbows facing out; his thumbs meet just below his throat and his fingers are arranged in the same mudra as traditionally seen in The Hierophant card except the fingers of his right hand are pointing downward with palm facing in and the fingers of his left hand are pointing upward with palm out.  Behind and above him is part of a sky map of the Southern Hemisphere.  The keywords for this card are creation, manifestation, power, and will.

The VII of Pentacles is a pretty card.  Its image shows six gold coins on one side of a scale and a list of tasks on the other side; that list of tasks is just a bit heavier than the gold coins.  Below the coin side of the scale is some unharvested wheat; below the task list are Lily of the Valley in bloom.  In front of them all is a large gold coin, partially buried in the soil.  The keywords for this card are reward, evaluation, rest, and pride.

As stated elsewhere in this blog, The Magician is a personally significant card for me, and when he shows up I am usually being told to make use of my skills, my connection to the elements and Nature, and my connection to Deity in order to get something manifested.  It not only takes knowledge, skills and connections to wield this power, but also concentration and the ability to focus.  The glowing orb at The Magician's heart is surrounded by orbs and sparkles, and combined with the other symbols of this card, urge me to understand the workings of my world in order to access its powers.  Because of the manner in which I was gifted this card, I am also being reminded that confidence can be the ribbon that ties all these other effects together.  

The VII of Pentacles is the perfect grounding card to go with The Magician.  This card is about pausing in order to evaluate how much progress has been made, and resting in order to prepare for the next step, whatever that may be. I am reminded by the partly buried coin and the To-Do list that I should make certain the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted before I decide whether or not what I have done is enough. Wheat is a symbol of fertility, harvest, the basic necessities of life, and life itself, and Lily of the Valley, representing good luck, prosperity, humility, protection, and trustworthiness, is said to attract happiness.  These symbols tell me that this VII of Pentacles is a positive omen, especially if it can keep my Magician grounded, focused, realistic, and conscious of consequences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment