Friday, November 26, 2021

November 26, 2021: II of Swords and Queen of Wands

Back to reality after the Thanksgiving holiday, and as expected, the True Black Tarot has given me some good advice to ponder.

The image on the II of Swords shows two crossed Swords, both tips pointed downward and beginning to disintegrate.  Between them is a paper containing a message of some sort; it is wrinkled and torn as if crumpled by its reader.  The keywords for this card are blocked off, refusal, avoidance, and stuck.

The True Black Queen of Wands is wearing a warm, golden dress, is crowned by golden peacock feathers, and holds a golden rose blossom in one hand and her staff of rank, emanating a golden light, in the other hand.  The keywords for this card are beautiful, empathic, confident, and optimistic.

These two cards may seem to be opposing in their message at first glance.  After all, the II of Swords tells of a mental closing out of the rest of the world, while the Queen of Wands is out in the world, adding her delightful fire and warmth to the things she loves to do and the people she loves to be with.  These two cards at this time, however, do offer a valuable message.  The holiday season is upon us.  Last year we were all locked away in order to protect ourselves from Covid. This year, we are vaccinated and once again have the opportunity to joyously reconnect with family members and loved ones.  Perhaps this reconnection might not be easy at first, perhaps we fear that we have lost the ability to be with other people.  The necessity of shutting out the world has been valid, but there comes a time when we must take the walls down.

I am a homebody.  I love where I live and I could easily become a recluse, particularly as the days become colder and windier.  I can easily come up with excuses to postpone getting out into the world until later tonight, tomorrow afternoon, next week, or next month.  The fact that my home is my peaceful place is awesome; I don't need to go anywhere in order to feel calm and joyful, to love life.  I also love to experience a true connection with someone, a connection based on caring and respect, and the excitement of learning something new.  I love shared experiences, enjoyed with people I love and respect.  These need to be accomplished by taking down the walls and choosing to get out into the world, for not choosing is also a choice (something this card is certainly representing).  The Queen of Wands is generally a positive omen, and her presence in my card throw today is encouraging me to step out of the solitude of the II of Swords, for love and loving relationships are the reason for the season.  


No comments:

Post a Comment