Thursday, November 25, 2021

November 25, 2021: Ace of Pentacles and Page of Pentacles

 Perfect throw for Thanksgiving Day!

The image on the True Black Ace of Pentacles shows a huge golden coin floating among vines laden with golden coins and above jagged golden mountain peaks.  Floating below the large glowing coin (and in the shadow of that coin) are a hammer and and axe.  The blades of both are behind the mountains.  The keywords for this card are wealth, stability, practicality, and working.

The Page of Pentacles image shows a powerful-looking girl with very short hair pulling herself up into an overgrown canopy of vines, reaching for a golden coin, fruit of the vines above her.  The keywords for this card are physical, earthly, initiative, and practical.

These two cards are a pleasant surprise for a day that is about gratitude (and this year, the day after my own Solar Return and the first day of the next solar year of my life).  I am being reminded of the many, many blessings I have in the physical world.  These blessings are in part things I am already experiencing, and perhaps the day after my Solar Return is a good day to think about what I have already achieved.  Gratitude is the word of the day, and I do have much to be thankful for.  I live in the best place ever, between an ocean and a bay, and I am surrounded by the plants and living creatures that inhabit those worlds.  I have a huge and beneficial practice with my physical and subtle body through yoga and energy work.  I try to challenge my mind all the time.  I have a deep connection to Deity and my Guides.

I am also being reminded that I am not done; what I have already achieved is a foundation to move onward, to move deeper.  There is so much potential to maintain the sense of well-being that fills me, and to grow my appreciation for the beauty of Nature that surrounds me, and at the same time be practical and aware of my responsibilities.  I have the ability to be detail-oriented, to follow bits of knowledge down the rabbit hole and come back out better than I was before.  I do need to learn how to be patient and allow things to happen on their own timeline, and I need to get better at thinking out of the box rather than allowing what I already know to shut me in.  This True Black Page uses her own strength to lift herself up so her goal is within reach; I have her confidence and strength and if I believe in myself, I can access them both.  I should see challenges and the unknown as exciting opportunities for new experiences, for what I have built should allow me to embrace those opportunities without fear.  

That potential in the physical world includes the potential to be more physically healthy.  Since the physical body is connected to the energy body, the emotional body, the mental body and the spiritual body, those too will benefit from my efforts to be healthy and active.  My love of learning will serve me well, for I am not intimidated by "not knowing," as long as I have the opportunity to learn.  My awe of Nature and of my interactions with Deity have only grown stronger with each year of my life.  Yes, I do have a lot to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment