Tuesday, September 27, 2016

August 18, 2016: Venant and Dreams of Gaia Tarot

August 18, 2016:

I just found out that my Dreams of Gaia Tarot has shipped!! I’m so excited about this deck.  It is coming from Australia, so I don’t know how long it will take to arrive, and I am trying hard to exercise my patience muscles.  Soon, soon I will have this deck in my hot little hands.  I hope it lives up to my expectations.

My Wild Unknown Tarot card is The Sun, **the** Fire card, so I guess things are going well.  The Wild Unknown Sun card really depicts the basic meaning of the card: bright, golden, uninterrupted sunlight.  The image brings to mind noontime, warmth, and illumination, a light so bright that shadows cease to exist, at least for now.  Like our sun at noon, this light overhead will not remain in place and we need to take advantage of it while its position is auspicious.  This version of The Sun looks almost the same whether upright or reversed, reminding us that even when this potent light is not in our best interest, we can still glean benefits from it. 

Today I met Venant and oh boy, was that cool!  I happened to bring myself to my mountaintop Ancient Altar this morning, to do my morning meditation, chakra balance and Reiki application, and when I got to the top of the stairs, there was a tall, dark figure standing before the altar.  I froze, and then he raised up his hugely glorious wings as his tail flowed around his feet, and roared in greeting.  Flames spewed from his mouth, huge red and orange flames!  Then he turned his head a looked at me with orange, glittering eyes.  Wow!

“I am Fire,” he said, “and Fire is me.  Now is the time for you to embrace the Fire.  It is time for action, action based on the will of the Divine; it is time to experience joy and passion as well as lethargy and apathy, and to make the extremes serve you.  You must learn to love your own nature, your own unique self, and you must accept that self exactly as she is, and you must love her with all of your being.”

I nodded.  “Okay,” I said.  He snorted, and smoke and a few small flames shot from his nostrils.

“You need to do better than that,” he replied.  Then he flapped those enormous wings and soared away.


Hmmm . . . guess I had better get to work.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment