Wednesday, September 14, 2016

August 10, 2016: On to the element of Fire


My Wild Unknown Tarot is the Six of Wands.  Okay, okay.  I see the suit of Wands as representing the element of Fire, so here we go.  The traditional meaning of the Six of Wands is traditionally known as the “Victory Card,” and the LWB with the Wild Unknown Tarot offers victory as one of the keywords for the card.  However, the image on this card is not traditional, and at first glance it is somewhat confusing.  Here we have darkness and a disorganized pile of six Wands; that darkness begins to lighten as we move upward on the card, until we reach a rainbow!  Rainbows usually appear at the end of a dark and tumultuous storm, and they tell us that we have survived the rain and wind and bolts of lightning.  Sounds like a victory to me.  The other keyword offered for this card is “rising up,” and for sure the rainbow at the top of the card appears to be separating the darkness from the clear sky above the rainbow, clear sky that is accessed by rising up out of the darkness and confusion at the lower end of the card. 

This is a perfect card for today.  I have felt stuck, not sure what direction I should be moving to in this Great Work process, or if I should be moving on at all.  I have asked Haftorang where he thinks I should go next, and despite the fact that I felt East/Air should be next (Fire to me is spiritual in nature, and it needs Earth, Water and Air in order to be in balance), I am being told that Fire is next.  Haftorang explained that expression needs to come before perception.  Once he explained this to me and I accepted his reasoning as valid, things seemed to begin moving again.

If I am working with Fire, that means I am working with the Watcher named Venant, associated with the Royal Star of Regulus.  Regulus (“little king” or “prince”), Persian name Venant, Vanant or Wanand (also associated with Vega, Altair, Corvus, Sirius and Procyon), reaches dominance at the Summer Solstice, and is found in the constellation Leo; it is associated with the Archangel Raphael, and nobility, ambition, great power, alertness, leadership, sudden downfall, accidents and violence.  Metaphysically, because I associate the element of Fire (heat, Summer, daylight) with the direction of South, I to place Regulus in the Southern quarter.  There is another interpretation for this that would place Regulus in the direction of North, but that interpretation is not a part of my practice, so I will stick with the Regulus/South interpretation.  This star predicts success within your chosen field, even fame, however it also warns of the good possibility that you will be tempted to take revenge.  The warning is to be listened to, for if you give in to the temptation, all that you have strived for will turn to dust.


$> 

No comments:

Post a Comment