Saturday, December 5, 2015

11/24/15 Daughter of Wands reversed and Mother of Swords reversed

The Wild Unknown Tarot for my birthday.  I threw the Daughter of Wands reversed and the Mother of Swords reversed.  Hmmm . . .

The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. He is about being open to new experiences and about being enthusiastic about whatever is happening, and his optimism just might tip things into the right direction.  He can be a bit scattered though, and easily distracted.

The Daughter of Wands. The snake (the symbol of Wands in this deck) is vibrantly colored, as if she had just completed shedding her skin.  She is coiled around her Wand, a branch from a flowering cherry tree.  Flowering cherries symbolize clouds, the birthplace of the lightning strike, and they symbolize the ephemeral nature of life (a concept which has a name, “mono no aware,” the awareness of impermanence).  The serpent on this card has almost completed positioning herself in the symbol of eternity, the figure 8.  But the symbol is not complete; another indication of impermanence.  This image seems to be telling me to enjoy and take advantage of the beauty of “now,” because it is a unique work of art, gone in the blink of an eye.

The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.

The Mother of Swords.  This image is similar to that of the Daughter of Swords, except that this is obviously an adult owl, and because the sky behind this owl is not a night sky, rather it is lit.  We cannot tell if it is morning or afternoon, but this owl is “illuminated,” and she knows enough of her surroundings (and is confident enough in that knowledge she has obtained through experiencing her environment in order to thrive) to relax a bit.  Her feathers are a bit puffed, enough to hide her feet, which to me indicates that she is relaxed.  Her eyes are soft, as if she wants to appear sleepy, but she is not asleep!  She is alert, and she is aware, without pre-judgment of any kind, and ready to become active, should the need appear.

Interesting message for my birthday.  Sounds like my focus needs to be on Earthly pursuits, rather than those of philosophy or the intellect.  Things may not be clear to me today, but in the end that might not be a bad thing because I won’t have expectations to be fulfilled.  I should not relax, but I should not attempt to structure things too much either.  Maybe I should just enjoy the day, and enjoy the life I have lived so far.  I can do that. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment