Monday, November 23, 2015

11/23/15 Ace of Swords reversed and Three of Disks

The Thoth Tarot today!  I threw the Ace of Swords reversed and the Three of Disks.

The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts; it offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, to determine personal truth, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.   This card is about intellectual potential, and it is about that feeling that occurs when lightning strikes and a new idea is formed.  While not guaranteed, the ideas presented by this card just might last through to manifestation.

The Thoth Tarot Ace of Swords sets up Crowley’s interpretation of the entire suit, because the Sword in the image has the word “Thelema” (or “Will”) on its blade.  The intellect is about the Will, and the Ace provides the purest form of the intellect, undiluted by people, events, or even the effects of the physical body and the world around us. 

The Three of Disks (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  The skills presented here are not ordinary; this making use of talents and finding comfort in humble work is more an avocation than an ordinary job.

The Three of Disks in the Thoth Tarot is considered the most un-abstract of Crowley’s Minor Arcana images.  Uncle Al sees this Three as the “material establishment of the idea of the Universe, the determination of its basic form.”  Interesting that the sand dunes in this image appear to be radiating outward from the pyramid.

Well, that is a clear message for today.  I should not attempt to impose my own Will or my own intentions into the events of the day.  Rather, I should use my own abilities to make things turn out the very best that they can.  I should see myself today as an acolyte whose purpose is to serve, for anything that I focus on will have an effect, and that effect needs to be for the good of everyone.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment