Sunday, November 1, 2015

11/1/15 Transparent Oracle Sunday!

Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

32, Weather: Snow (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Snow has a magickal effect on the landscape and our surroundings; when snow falls, it covers everything and hides details as well as mutes sounds.  The mantle of white is made of countless tiny, unique crystals, and like a blanket, the covering of snow insulates and protects.

69, DNA/Labyrinth (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  The DNA/Labyrinth card is a card of self-exploration, and it offers me a chance to become acquainted with myself and to own my personal identity.  Ancient wisdom and modern science linked together; I like that!

63, Touch (and Taste) (Within). Our senses connect us to the physical world, and the sense of Touch is the most solid and least deceptive sense; touch is the method we use to find our way around and to dispel illusion.  Taste is a part of Touch, for it is by bringing things into contact with our tongues that we Taste them, enjoying the yummy tastes and grimacing through the unpleasant ones.  Contact is the key here, and connection; they can be pleasant or violent.  Contact can bring a sense of support and security, and touching something can dispel illusions.  This is not just a receptive sense, for we show love and support by touching others.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is all about DNA and the Labyrinth, at least on the surface.  And this is the perfect time to consider this card, because now is the time to transfer perception from outer to inner.  Each year, I carry what I’ve learned during the sunny, outer months back within as the Winter approaches, and each year I need to integrate all that new stuff with what is already there.  I am being told that for this week I should be sure to keep track of what’s happening with my physical body (and this makes sense, as I am away from home, visiting friends), but my focus might be more on re-learning who and what I am.  This might require a time of shutting out the usual and customary day-to-day world and what better way to do that than to be away from home!


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment