Friday, December 18, 2015

12/7/15 King of Pentacles and the Eight of Swords

Shadowscapes Tarot today, and I threw the King of Pentacles reversed and the Eight of Swords reversed. 

The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the clever expert on managing resources, maintaining energy, and on physical world manifestations of all kinds.  The King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss when upright, but he is reversed today, which means his traits will manifest in a detrimental manner rather than a helpful one. 

The Shadowscapes King of Pentacles seems to be the trunk of a mighty oak tree, its branches covered with green leaves and many acorns.  He is steady and reliable, and everything he touches bears fruit.  The King holds one of those acorns in his outstretched hand, reminding us that the fertility is there and we need to make something out of our blessings, perhaps by sharing them with others. 

The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  The blockages or restrictions represented by this card exist only within the workings of my mind, though, and just because I feel powerless does not mean I am trapped by the influence of others.

The Shadowscapes Eight of Swords shows a swan tangled in the thorns of a blackberry hedge, struggling to free herself from this trap into which she stumbled while looking for sweet blackberries.  At her feet are the skulls of others who have been trapped here, and she panics for a bit.  But then a tiny hummingbird, small enough to flit through the brambles, reminds the swan that thrashing will only serve to tighten the hold of the thorns.  Instead, the swan needs to calm herself; then she will discover that escape is easy.

I may have physical world resources today and I may have the ability to allocate those resources in a good and effective way, but if I get caught up in that process, I will bog myself down with the details and everything will come to a grinding halt.  Thankfully that Eight of Swords is reversed, and I should be able to take the advice of that hummingbird and relax.  If I don’t allow my mind to spiral into worry about the details, the day just might end on a high note.  Crossing my fingers and taking a deep breath now.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment