Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Judgement/Temperance reversed. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and it usually tells of an opportunity to validate the good stuff and get rid of the stuff I don’t need any more.  Today is a great day for a new start, and that new start is best initiated by owning the past, and releasing the things that no longer serve me. Temperance connects with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and it is one of the Major Arcana cards that presents the concept of dynamic balance.  Because my Temperance card is reversed, I just might find that the imbalance present today can be used to my benefit.  Perhaps I can explode bad habits through the discord of the reversed Temperance card, and thus easily release the things that need to be released.  Ride the wave.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Disks. The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  I am being told that no matter what my focus is today, I need to infuse my own energies into all processes in order for them to have the desired result.  Today my focuses should be on practical things (and not on food or drink!!); no unlimited feeding of my senses!

My Legacy card is Judgement reversed (Bookends!!), flavored by Faith (The Hierophant) reversed. The reversed Judgement card can represent endings rather than new beginnings; it can represent a focus on the things I don’t want to release rather than those I should be releasing.  Or, it can tell of a time when I am not quite clear of who is to blame for mistakes and who is to be rewarded for successes. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  In an upright position, this is a conservative card whose power is based on orthodox and proven systems.  Since my Faith card is reversed, and flavoring my reversed Judgement card, there may be a strong focus on my own needs today, even to the point of maybe being selfish.  I may end up feeling a bit isolated during this process, but I am getting the feeling that only I can determine if that isolation is a good thing, or a bad one.

A bit more about Judgement, my Bookends card.  The Judgement card is the Spirit of Primal Fire, and it tells us that “as you sow, so shall you reap.”  It can be seen as a warning, a warning that an end or completion is approaching, and if I want anything else to count within this particular cycle, I had better address it.  Indeed, this card can present a sentence to balance out karma, often without the opportunity for me to appeal my case, so having the card appear, whether upright or reversed, means that I need to give some attention to it.  The Judgement being placed upon me from this card does not originate from within me, and I must accept whatever is decreed; I can choose to ignore the message of this card, but only at my own peril.  This card can present the best case scenario (freedom from burdens), or the worst case scenario (loss of all through the decree of another), but no matter what, it tells of both change and resolution.  It tells of breaking from the past, and of the taking of a definite step; reversed, it can tell of a postponement of that step, but it reminds us that sooner or later, the matter will be reopened.  Interestingly enough, this card also reminds us that the act of judging carries with it responsibilities.  Selfishness and bigotry cannot be allowed to infuse our own judging, of ourselves or of others.  Judgement corresponds with the planet of Pluto, and with the 31st Path on the Tree of Life.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Some people with whom you spend a lot of time could get into a debate over spiritual or metaphysical concepts. This could make you and everyone else very uncomfortable. This isn't the time to try to mediate. Both parties involved are too attached to their points of view. It's best just to nip it in the bud and ask them not to discuss it now. Change the subject!”

And: “Things may seem a little cloudy from your vantage point today, but this is no reason to be blue. It could be that adjustments need to be made before you are able to smoothly relate to others. Take this opportunity to attend to things that you normally wouldn't think of dealing with. See things from the perspective of another walk of life. Realize the fun of just staying close to home and falling asleep on the couch while watching a good movie.”

And my new one: “The Moon's harmonious connection with the Sun in your optimistic sign today lifts your spirit above the mundane events of your daily life. Your current need for independence is so strong that you might not be willing to justify your desires to anyone else. Of course, you can discuss anything you want, but no one has the authority to tell you what to think. Just taking a moment to remind yourself that you're in charge of your inner world is enough to make you happy now.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Four of Wands.  This is a card of celebration, of breathing deeply and with satisfaction as we look at what we’ve done.  But the accomplishments, as joyous as they are, are only the first results of our initial efforts.  There is more work to be done, but also more moments of enjoyment of our accomplishments to come, too.

We had such a wonderful (and LOL, fattening!) Thanksgiving weekend with our friends in Murrell’s Inlet, South Carolina.  Travel was issue-free, and the weather was wonderful, sun and 70’s during the day, and crystal clear skies at night.  I began the weekend with a Reiki Share with my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust.  This was the second share we did through Skype, and I must say, these shares are much cleaner, with much less static, than those we accomplished via other venues. 

We arrived in Myrtle Beach Airport by lunchtime on Thanksgiving, and had a delicious dinner; we finished the evening by sitting outside and building a fire.  Flames and smoke, and a crystal clear moonless night sky.  Friday, we pretty much hung out.  We watched Pan’s Labyrinth and The Devil’s Double at night, and ate leftovers; the nom-a-licious part of Thanksgiving.  Saturday, the guys played golf, and the girls went out to lunch and shopped.  Saturday evening, we had our traditional cow-fest at the best steakhouse in the U.S., New York Prime, in Myrtle Beach.  Sunday, we went out on a boat into the Inlet, to a beach called the Point, only accessible by boat, where we spent the day drinking wine, munching on cheese and crackers, and wandering the dunes.  We went back out on the boat in order to watch a breathtaking sunset, complete with a thin crescent moon, and flocks of pelicans heading inland for the night.  We went back home to another feast for our last evening.

Now, it’s back to reality, in many ways.  I put a bit of weight on, so I will need to get rid of it, and my inbox has put a bit of weight on as well, LOL, and I am chipping away at that.

The part of The Emerald Tablet I have been working on is: “It ascends from the earth to the heaven. It extracts the lights from the heights and descends to the earth containing the power of the above and the below for it is with the light of the lights. Therefore the darkness flees from it.”  I have really spent some time on this, and in actuality, have dealt with the last sentence, “Therefore the darkness flees from it,” in finally understanding the rest of the paragraph.

I do not see “darkness” as representing anything bad here; instead, I see the darkness referred to here as being the heavier physical world focus that can shut out the knowledge and understanding of equally important astral realm effects.  Once I finally understood these words, and what they mean to the cycles of our existence and the concept of “as above, so below,” then the “darkness” flees from the “light” that is knowledge and understanding.  Ascending, extracting the light (and understanding it, thus owning it), and then descending to the earth while holding the power of the above and the below (or in other words, looking back and sharing what I’ve learned with those behind me) is the ultimate Purpose.  Achieving this knowledge and this understanding seems to erase fear and discomfort because all experiences are a necessary part of this cycle; thus, the darkness flees.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment