Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Star reversed/Six of Cups. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  My Star card is reversed today, and this could possibly represent the presence of some anxiety.  However, my other card is the Six of Cups.  The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of emotional balance, simple joys fun and blessings.  I may begin the day feeling a bit of anxiety, but with that Six of Cups card, I will feel connected and serene by the end of the day.

My Thoth card is the Four of Swords.  “Truce” for today. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) tells of the need of some time of rest and recuperation, usually to be brought about by a time of truce or pause or quiet. In fact, “truce” is Crowley’s keyword for this card.  It is about a pause, but the pause is more about mutual deterrence so it is temporary in nature.  I need to take advantage of it.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords, flavored by the Nine of Wands reversed. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells me that challenges may appear, but I have the tools to solve them.  This Ace is about the intellect, and circumstances may very well necessitate the use of my mind today to solve problems. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position represents being defensive or closing off.  Since my Nine of Wands is reversed, and flavoring my Ace of Swords, this may be a good day to let my mind have free reign, because my mind is strong and open, and optimistic.  These two cards together are powerful.

My 6-digit date number is  6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  Yay!

My horoscopes: “Information received today might make it possible for you to change your job, residence, or at least the way you think or operate. You might feel nervous at the prospect, but you'll pull it off all right. Don't be afraid to go with the flow and make changes. This is only one hurdle in the course of your personal development.”

And: “Some new people who appear interesting could move into your neighborhood, exciting your curiosity. Conversations of a spiritual or metaphysical nature could take place today, either over the phone or over coffee. The concepts discussed might be deep, exalted and inspiring, yet bring up more questions than answers. Books on the subject could prove enlightening, and you might even want to write down your own thoughts or memorialize them by drawing or painting.”

And my new one: “It's difficult to know what's real as your fantasies flood your imagination today. Ironically, others may not realize that you're on a mental holiday because they see a more practical side of you that shows up to take care of business. Fortunately, it doesn't require much effort to meet your obligations now, so you can continue to gain inspiration from your inner world while simultaneously making progress in your outer world.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is the Knight of Pentacles.  The message of this card?  Slow and steady wins the race, so keep your eyes on the goal, and don’t allow distractions to gain a foothold.  Assess before moving, and play by the rules!  After all, the rules are there because they work.

My last couple of days have been busy but good.  Thursday night, Bob and I met friends of his for dinner and a concert.  We saw Leon Russell, and the cool thing is that waaay back in the early 70’s, when I was a young ‘un, the very first live concert I attended was Leon Russell, and Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City.  I must say that even though he is going on 70, Leon can still rock n’ roll!!  And I had a kind of teary, nostalgic bookends moment, remembering the younger and more innocent Raushanna and comparing her to who I am now.  The nice thing is that I like who I am now.  I am not perfect, not by any means, but I like the way I am “becoming,” 

Friday night I drove to Cape May as usual, and spent the night setting up my brand new Kindle Touch.  I had been looking at eReaders for a while now, and just did not want to spend a lot of money for a tablet that contained functions that I already have on my laptop.  Looks like my patience paid off, because the Touch is just what I was looking for.  It is very comfortable, a good size, and it takes .PDF, .docx and .doc files as well as eBooks, and it has a WiFi connection which allows me to email and download files, as well as the ability to download the files onto my computer and then drag them to my Kindle.  LOL, I was a bad girl yesterday; I spent most of the day reading the Sherrilyn Kenyon book loaned to me by my dear friend, Lilyth.

Today, it’s back to reality. 

I’ve got a busy day ahead of me, with a Shamanic Healing Journey this evening, at which I will be offering Reiki to probably 15 people or more.  And so, just to keep in touch with my new TO, I threw three cards, and got card 36, a North card, Guide: Bear (a card of instincts, strength and protectiveness card 53, which is a Below card, Guide: Sidhe (which basically tells me to look beyond my everyday perception in order to see the magick), and card 23, a West card, the element of Water (which is the element of emotions and feelings which can take many forms).  If I look at the cards as they were dealt, the downward facing triangle that is the element of Water is facing to about 2 pm on a clock face; the other two cards have almost lined up with the numbers at the bottom.  Once I line up all three cards, almost the entire field that is the face of the cards is filled, with the element of Water being the center, the three Sidhe faces each supporting one side of the triangle, facing the triangle (and the triangle is framing the spiral at the center of the Sidhe faces), and the sleeping Bears facing outward, as if maybe protecting the center of the image.  Each card is visible, although it is obvious that the Sidhe Guides are partially hiding the Bear Guides.

To me, this spread is telling me that today, I need to look to my feelings and my emotions in order to perceive the magick to be had in my daily situations.  My instincts are my foundation, and I do need to rest upon them or lean upon them, but it is more important that I look to my feelings and my emotions as they are central to the efforts and effects of the day.  However, I do need to be responsible regarding these interactions.  I should be able to use my magickal perceptions in order to fulfill any promises of the day, in fine fashion. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment