Friday, November 4, 2011

Seven of Swords reversed/Two of Pentacles.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, usually through the use of deception. It tells of going it alone, and hiding from the truth.  But since my Seven of Swords is reversed, this just might be a kinder, nobler and more innocent day.  My bonding with others should be open minded and flexible, thanks to the presence of the Two of Pentacles.  The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows.  Growth and caution may seem like polar opposites, but actually they are both necessary, together, for true balance.  My Two of Pentacles also tells me that there is a good possibility that any interactions I do have with others today will have a party atmosphere; okay then.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) is Water of Water, and thus is quite deeply connected to her feelings, her spirituality and her Inner Voice.  This makes her seem a bit passive, but actually her intense awareness of her own feelings and her ability to control them allows her to be objective. I’ve gotta listen to my intuition and to my Inner Voice today because they just might have important messages for me. 

My Legacy card is The Fool reversed, flavored by the Seven of Wands reversed.  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  Upright, he tells of new beginnings and of the unexpected, and because he is reversed, he is bringing to me a sense of closing down today.  He is also telling me that this is not the day to blaze a new path; instead I should surround myself with familiar processes and rituals.  These are the things that will be most comfortable for me.  Since my reversed Fool is being flavored by the reversed Seven of Wands(Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish), a very significant card for me in its own right, I think I had better take this time to choose non-action, because perhaps some big events are just over the horizon.  I really do feel that these two cards, both in reversed, and both appearing for me today, are letting me know that something big is coming.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate attempt to maintain the vertical and horizontal balance of the number 6 and postpone the pause and degeneration of the number 7.

My horoscopes: “Today you might want to spend some time gardening. In fact, you might have a number of tasks to perform around the house and yard, but you may also have friends waiting. You may get your chores done quickly, and even create new and innovative ways of doing them! Interesting conversations feed your curiosity when you spend time with your friends.”

And: “Devote the day ahead to your children or your partner. You may protest that it's too hard to find the time to give them the quality attention they deserve. You don't even have enough time for yourself, much less anyone else. In any case, you'll probably feel torn between what is expected of you and what you feel you can realistically give. If you want to dispel the inner tension you are feeling, take great care in the choices you make in the next few weeks.”

My Shadowscapes Insight today is regarding the Queen of Swords.  She is intelligent, charming and witty, but her most valuable asset is the ability to see the truth.  The Queen of Swords not only sees truth in the world around her, but she is also able to peek within her own self and find truth there, too.  Because she has learned to do this through trial and error, others are drawn to her; perhaps this is because truth has become an extension of her very soul.

I spent last evening with the PBT.  As usual, we had some very powerful discussions, part of which concerned an upcoming Healing Journey.  The Team’s Reiki practitioner cannot attend, and I have been asked to stand in and take part in the Journey as a member of the team.  I am honored, and excited, about this!  I always feel both grounded and empowered as I drive home from a visit with the Wayne Contingency, and somehow, baring my soul to these much-loved Fellow Travelers, and being trusted with their souls in return, serves to validate who I am and where I am going.  Maybe this is so because I know that I am not alone; there are others, sprinkled throughout my life, who are also Travelling in the same direction. 

Tomorrow, I will be hopefully attending an event at Mystics Cottage, presented by the South Jersey Shore Paranormal Society at Mystics Cottage, the adorable little shop of my friend, the lovely Wendy.  It looks like this group is more Ocean County, but they do have the words “South Jersey Shore” in their name, so this should be interesting.

Again, I am pondering the words: “Separate the earth from the fire and you shall adhere more to that which is subtle than that which is coarse. . .”  These are instructions, and today they are telling me that in order to know my energy body and in order to “hear” the “words” of Deity, I must separate myself from my physical self and from the information, feedback and guidance of my physical senses.  If I practice this, I will become better at it, and if I connect with (and thus, feed and energize) my subtle body (and **duh** sometimes the message is that obvious!) with frequency, it will be drawn to Deity, and Deity will be drawn to me, to my subtle body.  I will be able to hear and to speak, without my physical ears and vocal cords, and the messages both sent and received will “stick” with me and be easier to understand if I deliberately shut off my connection to the messages of my physical body. 

Okay then; I understand that.  And the rest of the section, “. . . through care and wisdom,” is easy enough to understand.  This process needs awareness and focus, and for me at least, it is a delicate process which requires knowledge and an understanding and acceptance of the validity of my own level of experience and expertise.

Finally, some inspiring words, selected from a complete Charge of the God, written by a Sacred Mists First Degree student, SilverTigerLuna.  Her entire Charge of the God is lovely, but these sentences seem to jump out at me.  It is strange that I would be connecting to a Charge of the God at this time of year, between Samhain and Yule, when the God is resting, but I never look a gift horse in the mouth.  They are a fitting finale to my entry; thank you SilverTigerLuna!

I am one with the Lady, the Great Mother, and together we share the secrets of the past, present and future.  Just as I protect and hold dear all livings things beneath the sea, soaring high in the clouds, running free on the earth, the wintery nights, the green of spring, the crops you harvest . . . so you are also precious to Me.  I am your Father, your Protector and Guardian. I will always be with you until the end of time.  Live your life in a state that honors Me and all that is good and worthy. Together we will honor the Great Mother. It is I who dies and is born again to return each year. And as I do, so shall you be born again, and together we will guard the Earth for all eternity.

Selected text from Charge of the God, by SilverTigerLuna”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment