Friday, June 17, 2011

Nine of Cups reversed/Knight of Pentacles reversed. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, spirituality) is about powerful satisfaction on all levels (emotional, physical and spiritual) and a fulfilling sense of accomplishment. Because this Nine is reversed, I may find that my emotions and feelings are not flowing in a nice and even manner. These are emotions and feelings, though, and I have had some good progress with nudging them in the direction they need to go; awareness of the potential is the key. The Knight of Pentacles (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented), like all Knights, represents extreme manifestations of his suit, Pentacles. He seems to focus on how to get things done, rather than why things need to be done. Because he is reversed, I may need to pay a bit more attention to what I am doing, especially because he is combined with the Nine of Cups reversed. I also need to beware of idleness, stubbornness and intolerance.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Disks. Bookends!! Crowley sees his Knights as Princes, and his Kings as Knights. This Airy (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth) Prince of Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change) is to Uncle Al a combination of both elements. He is dependable and hard working, but not very good at thinking out of the box. He is utilitarian, but can tend to be self-indulgent. Since I have both the upright and the reversed card in my throws today, I may find myself in the position of needing to choose between being focused yet boring, or lethargic and stagnant, or totally impulsive and on fire. Danger!! However, this Knight is also into exercising his body and enjoying his senses, so not too much danger.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups, flavored by the Ace of Swords reversed. Double Bookends!! That is the first time that has ever happened! Because I have both the upright and reversed Nine of Cups, I may find that today is a mixed bag of emotions and feelings. The emotional chaos may be hard to deal with, but it also presents some unique energy for me to experience. Awareness is the key! The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) can be seen as the birthplace of ideas and concepts, and of challenges which offer the opportunity for growth, and also the beginning of the development of a sense of identity. The element of Air, which corresponds with the suit of Swords, does not have self-generated impulses, but it can easily have an effect when influenced by the other elements.

More about the Nine of Cups. This card can certainly represent the cat with the canary feathers in the corner of his mouth, but to me the energies of the Nine of Cups are more about completeness. They show that a balance of awareness of blessings received and of blessings offered has been attained, and that is a nice feeling, at least to me. This card presents being in the position of believing that all is well and that the future is under control. If ill-dignified, the happiness is still there, but there are faults in its construction, or the feelings are surface only, and will be washed away by the next storm. We also need to remember that the fullest expression of contentment serves as a catalyst for stagnation. The watch-words are “change guarantees stability; stability guarantees change.” The stillness of the Nine of Cups needs to be temporary if it is to remain healthy.

And, more about the Knight/Prince of Pentacles/Disks. The combination of pure Air and pure Earth that is the Knight of Pentacles presents all of the variations of elemental dignities, all wrapped up in one package. To me, this combination makes this Knight useful in some circumstances. If I need to observe something or someone with intense focus, this Knight is my method. If I need to bring great amounts of energy or focus onto some physical world matter or task, I should definitely tap into this Knight, for these are his talents. This Knight is slow to anger, which is a good thing, but once he gets angry, he is slow to cool down. Because the Knights are about intensity and purity of manifestation, I also need to be certain that I am constantly checking to see if this “all-or-nothing” method is helping me or hurting me. In a severely ill-dignified presence, he can be considered a “mouth breather,” so caution (Earth) needs to be balanced with awareness (Fire).

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause which occurs as balance begins to degenerate.

My horoscopes: “Feel free to ignite your passion with the help of the people around you, Sagittarius. Join with those who share similar dreams and make a plan for accomplishing whatever you choose. The more creative you can be with your planning, data collecting, and execution, the better off you will be. The white-hot fire within you is ready to blaze.”

And: “The amount of work you put into something is important today, so try not to cut any corners. Give yourself all the time you need, so you won't rush and miss some important details. Be thorough with everything you do -- spell-check every email before sending it off, and make sure you have returned all important phone calls by the middle of the day. Leaving too many questions unanswered will cause someone's imagination to spin into some weird directions.”

And: “It is a terrific day for you, in which you will find that your jovial approach to every situation is just what the doctor ordered. Spend time with children and enjoy their magical world. Spread your love and affection around to the people who surround you. Make sure that the corners of people's mouths are turning up instead of down. A friendly attitude will take you quite far.”

My Sun reading: “Your exceptional memory serves you well under a Capricorn Moon. You show the world that you've forgotten more than many people know. Your knowledge is just what is needed at the time. This Moon inspires good judgment, honesty, and sincerity. It also arouses strong will, but with a softer side.”

Last night, the Pagan Brain Trust got together to celebrate I!Q’s trip to Ireland. She leaves on Thursday, and will be spending the next eight to ten weeks wandering around Ireland, following her heart, and connecting to her culture, all up close and in person. This is to be not only a trip of growth and evolution for I!Q, but a trip of healing as well. Somehow, I get the feeling that she will do both, and well, and come back a more powerful Shaman who is much more comfortable in her own skin. Safe trip and many blessings, my love!

Another of my sisters of the heart is also dealing with a journey of transformation, but this one is a bit different. Carolyn is supporting and assisting her father as he leaves this world and the vehicle of this incarnation. I am proud of her; she has taken on the task of watching over her father during these last weeks, and has managed, despite many stresses, to keep him immersed in the love and support of his family as he gradually leaves his body.

I was privileged to spend a bit of time with Earl when I visited Carolyn last October. I have been sending Reiki to the Universe in his name, to ease his Passage or assist him to stay a bit longer until he is ready, whichever is his choice and for his highest good. Earl is Christian, but because I have met him and spoken to him I am certain that he is able to accept my support in the name of love. Journey on now, Earl, my friend. We will follow when we can. May you be born again at the same time and in the same place as those you knew and loved in this life. May you know them again and love them again. Blessed be.

Today I begin to study the next section of the Paths of the Tree of Life. Paths 18 through 14 present the different methods available through study of the Qabalah to cross The Abyss of Da’at and reach the Supernal Triangle, the highest and most abstract qualities of Deity. The 18th Path connects Geburah and Binah, and runs up the Pillar of Form from the middle to the top. Geburah is Might, and by moving up the Pillar of Form and into Binah, which represents Understanding, I am learning to discern those moments when power should be offered because the recipient is worthy or can benefit from that power, from those moments when power needs to be withheld in order to create a situation that brings the highest good. This Path also teaches me how to decide if I am dealing with truth or falsehood.

The 18th Path is about taking on both form and direction (as opposed to the 16th Path, which connects Chesed and Chokmah and offers mobility and direction); it reminds us that not only are we responsible for gaining the skills necessary to control the power at our disposal, but we are also responsible to discern the proper and ethical uses of that power. And this makes sense. It takes time, effort and prior experience to understand power enough to actually control it. It also takes time, effort and prior experience to have the ability to correctly and effectively decide exactly how to best use (or not use) that power we have learned to control. This concept belongs exactly where it is: moving upward along and to the top of the Pillar of Form/Restriction.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment