Monday, June 6, 2011


The Chariot/Queen of Wands. The Chariot corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), and is related to emotional control and the training of our emotions so that we can use them to bring greater good into our lives. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy which prefers to take the same path) of Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), and because Water and Fire tend to cancel each other out, we are left with Air and Earth.  She knows what she wants, but she can be stubborn.  Hopefully the influence of The Chariot will make this Queen choose to apply stubbornness in the right situations.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Swords reversed.  “Interference” reversed The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) shows what happens when you abuse the power of the Swords through the intellect: that power turns against you.  If it were upright, I would be asking myself if I was thinking too much, getting caught in a spiral or loop of thought that ends up being distracting; however, the card is reversed, so today, I shall be able to overcome the potential for interference presented by this Eight.  Whew!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords flavored by The Hermit reversed. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells me that failure is not fun, but we can’t release the failure unless we play it through to the end, without feeling sorry for ourselves.  I do understand this card today, fer sher.  The Hermit, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), is about looking within for answers.  The Hermit’s message to me is that the journey is the goal, not the destination.  Because The Hermit is reversed, I am being warned not to dwell on inner stuff today.  Hopefully his flavoring of the Ten of Swords will make that Ten a more positive card, and will make me optimistic that the failure is indeed being released.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of motion which dispels stagnation.

My horoscopes: “It's up to you to strut your stuff, Sagittarius. As long as you're bashful about showcasing your innate gifts, it will be difficult to find meaning in your life. Today's planetary alignment gives you the challenge to take your talents more seriously. You could easily profit from them, provided you look deep inside to discover how.”

And: “Keep your eyes peeled for a smoking gun -- a missing clue will shed new light on a confusing personal situation. What you thought was the easy answer just may be the easy answer! Decisions will suddenly be crystal clear, so readdress the tough ones you've been putting off. Now that you've gained some distance, what you need to do next will become abundantly clear. Enjoy this new sense of power and celebrate your ability to solve a mystery.”

And: “Today you might feel especially inspired both intellectually and creatively, and you could find yourself discussing your ideas with others. The process of communication could open up new doors for you in your mind and result in some fascinating insights concerning whatever you're pursuing at this time. Sometime in the course of your conversations with others, don't be surprised if you find that one of your friends needs a sympathetic ear. Enjoy your day.”

My Sun reading: “Today the Moon, Sun, and Saturn join in opportunity aspects that create a nice blend of energies for vitality and mutual professional achievements. This is renewable energy to apply to keep ongoing projects on track. Your confidence soars and attracts tonight. (It's the high from earlier successes.)”

I am feeling better today!  There is still a slight sensitivity where the discord in my energy field used to be, but this is the sensitivity of a newly-formed scab.  How exciting that I was able to use my training to short circuit what could have been a debilitating depression.

Today, I am going to spend most of the afternoon in my garden, mowing the lawn and weeding.  I am finding much solace in my day-to-day tasks today; their mundaneness is allowing me to coast a bit and give my mind a rest.  After all, evolution seems to be moments of extreme enlightenment surrounded by serene coasting.  LOL, I even found a description of this in an essay posted in the Alchemic Journal.  In “Meditation on The Emerald Tablet,” Janet K. Turner says this: “After Enlightenment – what next – chop wood, carry water, do the laundry. The small chores of life can be just as entangling as the search for your essence and so to retain your balance, your Enlightenment, you must continue to employ the same process over and over again seeking your answers in the Above and bringing them down to the Below.  I love this!!

 I will be heading North this evening because I have shifted my work days this week in order to have Friday off.  I will be attending another Vedic Thai Massage workshop presented by the Vedic Conservatory this coming weekend.  I am really excited about going back for another workshop; Mukti is an awesome teacher and three days of giving and receiving bodywork is just what the doctor ordered.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment