Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Tower/Queen of Wands reversed. The Tower, which corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes), Mars (action, aggression, spontaneity), Phe (mouth or speech) and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is always a warning, and usually represents some blockage or refusal to accept, which builds and builds until the dam breaks and all hell breaks loose. The Queen of Wands in the upright position usually focuses on integration, assertion and action, and she is usually helpful when dealing with personal transformation and the maintenance of spirit and the life force; because she is revered, these focuses may not be recommended today. Taking them both together, I need to look carefully at my own status, for it seems that there might be a kink in the line somewhere, and I am not aware of it because of an imbalance in my perceptions. Because the companion card to The Tower is of the suit of Wands, it is possible that this blockage is happening within the creative part of me, and whether there is not enough focus on this or too much focus on this is the determination to be made.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups reversed. In an upright position, this Cups card is one of the few that Crowley seems to **not** have a bad opinion about. He sees her as calmly and serenely going about her business. People may think that she is shallow or empty because of her unshakable serenity, but actually she is the personification of the phrase “still waters run deep.” Because she is reversed, there may not be quite as much serenity to be found today as I would prefer, but the potential to be emotionally productive is there anyway.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed, flavored by The World reversed. Hmmmm . . . yesterday I threw the Ace of Swords, and another Ten card in a reversed position. I see some patterns here. The Ten of Swords in an upright position is the end result of allowing the intellect to have free reign without balance: complete overkill. Just look at the traditional image of this card: what appears to be a dead body with ten swords sticking out of its back. One, or even two of them would have done the trick, but oh no!! We can’t have that, can we?! Since the card is reversed, any endings that may occur today (and from the looks of things, there won’t be many productive ones), won’t occur with the flavor of “woe is me,” which actually is a bit encouraging when I look at the Welsh Tarot cards I threw. Of course, this could also mean that any sudden or uncomfortable endings are a part of my evolutionary process, and I have been warned about the probability of that kind of discomfort already.

Well, since The World/The Universe has been showing up in a reversed position quite a bit for me lately, it just might be time for me to look at that card in more detail. This is the number 21 card of the Major Arcana, and that number reduces numerically to the number 3, which is about creating physical manifestation and about knowing your own location. The World tells of successful integration, self-regeneration and a dynamic arrival; it is about both death or ending and birth or beginning, and it is about thresholds. Interestingly enough, this card does not represent the ending of a linear journey; rather, it is better described as a circular path, and often the ending of one circuit and the beginning of another both become blurred, so it is only in hindsight that one can look back and see clearly where the transition happened. This card in an upright position tells me that I have experienced all that I need to experience in order to fulfill the potential of this cycle, and it reminds me that in order to fulfill the energies of the card, I need to go back to the beginning and start again. The card has been showing up reversed for me, and that reversed position could be warning of exhaustion, intolerance, stubbornness, weakness, or a delay.

The number 10 has a relationship to the correspondences of The World, and since I threw a reversed Ten card both yesterday and today with my Legacy Tarot, perhaps I need to remind myself about the meaning of this number, too. The number 10 represents the end of one cycle and beginning of another, closure, plateau or rest before moving on, culmination, transition point from one cycle to another (as the number 10 reduces to the number 1, 1 + 0 = 1), reaching the level of perfect combination of the 1 and 0 energies. This number offers the concept of the end Result of the application of the element, the sum total of everything done from the beginning, or the physical vehicle of the previous nine numbers. Traits: positive: individualistic, original, creative, inspired leader, good at initiating new projects, efficient and determined; negative: stubborn, rigid about personal ideas, jealous, depressed if caught up on the small details of life. My reversed Tens were Coins (Earth) and Swords (Air).

My 6-digit date number is 7, the pause that happens as degeneration begins.

My horoscopes: “Today is your day, Sagittarius, so live it up! If it seems like things have been rather intense lately, don't worry, they're apt to lighten up quite a bit today. Feel free to be your usual jolly self, the one who adds humor to the group. Your laughter will be appreciated. Come into the forefront. Bring things up to your level and you'll find that others willingly join you there.”

And: “If you need to shift gears, then you need to stop working. Close the spreadsheet, trash the to-do list and drop all work-related business. Don't just put them down, put them away for quite some time. You need some hardcore R and R, but with the roll you've been on recently, you might also need help loosening up -- a back rub, perhaps, or just a nice, long chat with a pal. Laughter has always been your best friend, so go find a playmate!”

And: “There is plenty of air to fuel your fire today, so make the most out of this opportunity. You are apt to have a great deal of energy with which to propel yourself into any adventure you wish to embark on. There are no excuses for laziness today, so get up and get moving. Find hidden strength in your sheer knowledge and ability to reason logically and rationally.”

Well, I have been told in no uncertain terms by Cernunnos that I have been neglecting my physical realm self and my physical realm duties. LOL, there is nothing wrong with being mystical, but every so often we need to ground and touch base with physical realm realities, and that is what I am doing today. I spent extra time with my chakras this morning, I am getting some organizational stuff done at work, and I am doing my best to wind down and tie off any loose ends, anywhere. Mercury is retrograde, after all, and while I am being pulled with increasing strength to begin working again with the elements in the context presented in Raven Grimassi’s book, now is not necessarily the right time to begin something new.

The crisis/moment of transformation/challenge that has been hinted at by my Guides would not fall under the category of “something new,” even though it might be preparing me to take the next step forward. LOL, if The Tower is any indication of the nature of the challenge to come, there will be some releasing and clearing out of the old and no longer useful going on, big time.

LOL, one thing I learned during my last cycle of learning is: go with the flow!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment