Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Hermit reversed/Nine of Wands. Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Virgo (“I serve,” analytical, work and service oriented, practical), Yod (open hand; touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (crosses Da’ath; forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured) are all correspondences of an upright Hermit card, which tells of a time alone that is not fun. The Nine of Wands personifies the statement “that which does not kill us makes us stronger,” and it tells of active defense to the point of defiance, and the drawing of a line in the sand. I may not be achieving the energies of The Hermit, but I have reached the point where I won’t go any further until I do.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords reversed. Uncle Al calls this one “Cruelty,” and since I have an upright Nine of Wands and a reversed Nine of Swords, today I will need to focus on Balance within the meaning of the number Nine, as well as the individual meanings of the cards, especially the two Nines. In an upright position, the Cruelty card tells of analysis gone rogue and the resulting agony of the mind. Because it is reversed, I just may be able to balance that analysis with some information from outer sources, and thus avoid agony. The number Nine is about complete**ness** (as opposed to the comple**tion** of the number Ten), and it is about believing that we have it all. Of course, that can be both “all” good things and “all” bad things. The two Nines bring together the element of Fire and the element of Air; when elemental dignities are applied, these two elements (Fire is energetic, spontaneous and impulsive, and Air is quick, animated and intelligent) pretty much feed each other. The one opposing trait is impulsive/intelligent. I need to visualize the good things in order to solve the bad ones, and I need to balance out impulse with intellect.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Coins, flavored by the Eight of Swords reversed. Hmmm . . . two Eights, one reversed. Another message of Balance, but this time regarding the number Eight. The number Eight is the response to the beginning of the degeneration of harmony that is the number Seven (which happens to be my 6-digit number today). Within my Legacy cards, this renewal of Balance has to do with both the element of Earth and the element of Air; they happen to be opposites when you think about elemental dignities. Air is moist, quick and animated; it is intellectual and is usually associated with problems or challenges that can be solved by the use of the intellect. Earth is dry, physical, material and practical; it tends to be stable and slow to change.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number of the pause that occurs as balance and harmony begin to age and degenerate.

My horoscopes: “Expected calls or deliveries may prove more trouble than they're worth, Sagittarius. You could get involved in endless games of phone tag, and deliveries might come when you're out. This can be avoided if you're prepared. Make sure everyone knows what you're expecting so they can watch for it. Tell people the best times to phone and be available at those times. Don't worry. You'll manage.”

And: “You need to feel connected to something bigger than your own mind. Now you're feeling an unmistakable pull toward the spiritual side of life, while your vital energy pushes you in the same direction. The mysteries of life are tremendous, and meditation on life's larger issues helps make your time here much sweeter and more fulfilling. Now is the time to tackle big, important topics.”

And: “Have you been feeling a little under the weather lately? If so, expect your former energy and well-being to come rushing back now like Niagara Falls. Your physical energy is high, and so is your creative energy. Don't be surprised if you spend every moment possible working on a project of your own that means a lot to you. The only caveat: you might not have recovered as much as you think, and might tire easily. Pace yourself.”

It has been a very, very strange week, filled with conflicts and chaos, and with what appear to be successful interventions and effective actions taken after much consideration of consequences. Today, I need to give my mind a rest, and the best way I know to do this (and to bring serenity and healing to my energy field) is to go outside and work in my garden. That is where I am heading, and I will immerse myself in the Healing Earth Mother, and absorb the warm and vibrant Energy of the Sun Father. I will be back, later today.

Back again, Sunday evening. Bob and I have had a really good, nicely healing weekend. I worked in my garden, we went to a local block party, we had dinner at our neighbors’ house, and after another day gardening, and then finishing up with almost three hours on the beach with neighbors, until almost 8 pm. I feel wonderfully healed; even though the strange eddies and flows of energies surround me, I am grounded and serene.

Tomorrow it’s back to reality, but I have a Pagan Brain Trust meeting tomorrow night. Can’t wait to see everyone.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment