Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Six of Swords reversed/Page of Wands. In an upright position, the Six of Swords tells of the emphasis of a rational mind over the heart and intuition; the intuition must be listened to, but an impartial intellect is needed to comprehend the intuition’s messages. Because the card is reversed, I may not find that today will be about moving towards recovery. However, all is not stagnant for while the Six of Swords is reversed, it is there, and it is paired by a strong catalyst for action: the Page of Wands. New ideas may appear to me out of the fog today, thanks to the energies and influences of this Page. Time to face my fears and doubts, so that I can conquer them.

My Thoth card is the Six of Disks. The “Success” card, but it is not by any means telling me that I can sit back and enjoy things! Success is always temporary, for the weight of the suit will inevitably impose inertia onto the whole situation unless I start adding my own energy as fuel.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Cups flavored by the King of Cups. The Queen of Cups is at ease in emotional situations, and is very much in touch with her Inner Voice. She is able to attune to ebbs and flows around her within all elemental effects, and her strengths are found within focuses on general health, creativity and aesthetics. She is being flavored today by her king, who is a bit more removed and aloof from the emotions around him, but that enables him to see the surrounding emotions in a more objective fashion that his queen, and thus he is able to better see when new directions are needed.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number of new creation.

My horoscopes: “Today's planetary configurations are pushing you to get some perspective on your life and the lives of people closest to you, Sagittarius. You must admit that you've been rather selfish lately. You aren't the center of the universe, so why do you sometimes act like you are? This is a day to make amends with friends and loved ones. They'll welcome you back with open arms.”

And: “Don't save pennies if it just means wasting dollars! Making your own lunch all week doesn't mean anything if you end up blowing your cash on one huge, fancy dinner. Observe your cash flow and spending habits carefully for now, especially if your emotions are high-strung -- you don't need retail therapy to feel better. Find some other alternative when it comes to dealing with stress.”

And: “Some vivid and intense dreams could come to you tonight, perhaps even in color and involving smells. You might wake up disappointed to find they aren't real! Don't be too disappointed, however. They may be prophetic, or they may reveal facts about yourself and your colleagues that could shed light on current situations that should be clarified. If their meanings aren't clear now, write them down, set them aside, and look at them later. Light could dawn then.”

I spoke with Ailm a bit, as I tried to digest my Friday night meditation. We both talked about how my culture’s isolation from Nature can sometimes create imbalances. I thought about how many children there are in our cities who never have a chance to be immersed in nature during their young and impressionable years. I thought about the challenges I am experiencing as I am growing and learning about the world around me, and I had lots of time as a child to play outside safely without direct parental supervision. I experienced first hand the insects and birds and flowers and grasses, and fruits and vegetables grown in individual gardens, and thus, the cycles of the solar year. I can remember picking cherries and apples and pears, and eating them with juices running down my arm. I can remember my neighbor, an elderly woman, give each of us a plum tomato from her garden, which we ate like apples. I can remember playing hide and seek, and spies, throughout our neighborhood, using sticks as guns and filling in all the empty spaces with our imaginations. We would come home at dusk, shower off the sweat and dirt accumulated throughout the day, and slide into our beds to dream of the adventures to come tomorrow.

No wonder so many younger people are out of touch with our world; no wonder they focus on buying the best car and the most cutting edge cell phone, and no wonder they throw their Burger King bags and their cigarette butts out the car window as they drive down the Parkway, past beautiful salt meadows and marshes and pine barrens, and no wonder they leave their soda cans and water bottles behind on the beach after packing up their towels and radios and chairs and coolers filled with food and drink, and head back to their rentals for a shower and dinner. How can they be expected to connect with and be fulfilled by concepts and effects that they have never experienced?

I have a difficulty with refraining from harshly judging rude people. I remind myself at least once a day that I have no right to judge others when they do something that seems rude, as I don’t know the circumstances behind their actions. After all, the driver behind me who beeps the horn in anger and impatience because I let someone make a left turn in front of me could very well be responding to some emergency or dire situation. I always do realize this, but not until after my instinctive anger and resentment and yes, judgment and resulting elevation of my own self, in reaction to perceived rudeness. I need to remember instinctively that I am creating my own world, and that creation needs to **not** be infused with anger and resentment and judgment of others.

Ailm has told me that there are issues in her world, too; however, in her world, those who have their aha! moments and are in touch with the other realms are taken more seriously than in my world. Yes, there are those who doubt the validity of the shamans and healers of her world, but not quite as many as in my world.

To me, this means that I have an added responsibility. Yes, there may be those who are open to hearing my beliefs regarding the abilities we each have that increase our overall health and happiness, but the majority of people around me are not tuned into that. And so, all I can do is present healing modalities that offer benefits to even those who are entirely focused on the physical world, and keep my own mental/emotional body as filled with good and peaceful and balanced energies as possible in the hope that I infect those around me with my feelings and mental outlook.

I do create my own world, but then again so does everyone else. But when those worlds overlap, I have the opportunity to offer the gift of Balance. Or at least, a catalyst of potential future Balance.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment