Sunday, January 3, 2021

January 3, 2021: Month of January 9 of Wands and 2 of Pentacles


So, I was talking with a dear friend and sister-of-the-heart yesterday, and she had an awesome suggestion: that I do a Calendar Year spread with these cards, and see how my interpretations hold up over time.  I love this idea, so here is what I did.  I threw 13 cards using the image of a clock face as a spread, in the center was the Energy of the Year card, and then I began with January in the 1 o'clock position, all the way to December in the 12 o'clock position.  I am pairing each month's card with the center Energy of the Year card, and will present each month's reading within the first few days of the month.

Here are my cards: Wheel of the Year for 2021: Energy of the Year: 9 of Wands.  January: 2 of Pentacles.  February: King of Wands.  March: The High Priestess.  April: 7 of Wands.  May: 5 of Pentacles.  June: 5 of Chalices.  July: The Star.  August: Ace of Pentacles.  September: 4 of Swords.  October: The Lovers.  November: The World.  December: Death.

My January reading is as follows:

Energy of the Year: 9 of Wands.  The image on this card shows a naked man and a naked woman on a rumpled bed in the shadows.  She is on her hands and knees and he is behind her, and they both appear in the throes of pleasure, with eyes closed and mouths open as they both cry out.  He has one hand on her shoulder, holding her in place, and the other hand on her breast, caressing her.  She has her head turned toward him as he penetrates her from behind, with one of her hands on her pubis, pleasuring herself.  The key phrases associated with this card are: good stimulation but watch your back, and defense and vigilance are important.

My January card is the 2 of Pentacles.  The image on this card shows a man and woman making love in the missionary position on a rumpled bed in the shadows.  We cannot see his face at all, and we can only see a corner of her face over his shoulder; her eyes are closed.  He is bracing himself on his elbows, with his chest resting against hers and his pants around his thighs.  Her arms are around him, with one hand on his upper back and one hand on his buttock.  They both appear glistening with perspiration, and her legs are relaxed and open, which makes me think they have both had their orgasms and they are catching their breath.  There are shadows across their bodies and the bed, as if a light was shining through a window with many panes of glass separated by some opaque material, so the shadows almost look like bars holding them in place.  The key phrases for this card are: voluptuous excitement, fun, and orgasm.  

Taking the 9 of Wands and the 2 of Pentacles as a pair and keeping in mind that Wands represent passions and extreme experiences and Pentacles represent the body and material goods, I am being told that January will be about pleasures and maybe nice surprises or opportunities to accomplish good things, possibly connected to home, health or career, and be rewarded with a sense of accomplishment and well-being.  However, I should not be distracted by all the good stuff.  If I don’t watch where I’m going, I could end up tripping over a crack in the sidewalk, and breaking my face.  I would rather spend January having fun but holding back just a bit so I can be aware of my surroundings, than nursing an injury that prevents me from enjoying life.


No comments:

Post a Comment