Monday, January 2, 2017

October 31, 2016: Samhain

October 31, 2016:

The day before yesterday, I went to a local spa and had an hour reflexology massage.  Yesterday, we decided to go back to the massage salon and this time we had a 90 minute full body massage.  Oh I am getting addicted to this!!


Today is the Sabbat of Samhain, the Third Harvest that focuses on the clearing of the fields for Winter, and also focuses on honoring the achievements and experiences of the past year and the ancestors who built the foundation upon which I exist.  This can be considered the Pagan New Year, and for some reason this year Samhain feels like the closing of one door with the other door not opened yet.  I seem to be in a kind o limbo, waiting for some shift or life-changing movement. All I can do is keep my awareness level as peak as possible.


My Dreams of Gaia Samhain Major Arcana card is the number XV card, Abundance, in a reversed position.  The keywords for this card are abundance, consciousness, giving, receiving, energy, love and appreciation.  The concept presented for this card that I really like is the achievement of abundance consciousness.  I think I am well on the way to getting and maintaining this, because I do try to be aware of the beauty around me, aware of my family, friends and loved ones, and aware of the bounty of my life.  The LWB for the Dreams of Gaia Tarot describes an abundance consciousness like this: “A person with an abundance consciousness is one who is always hopeful, seeks a fair and equal exchange of energy, and sees potential and opportunity in all experiences.”  Abundance is one of the seven reasons for being presented by the Dreams of Gaia Tarot, so this card is an important one, especially because it is reversed.  The word that seems to jump out at me when I read the meanings for the card is “trust.”  This is something I work with occasionally, and Samhain is certainly a great time to not only acknowledge the gifts and opportunities that have come to me over the past Turn, but to trust that gifts and opportunities will continue to present themselves as I move forward.


I guess the best thing to do right now, as I finish up my California vacation, is to continue to believe that opportunities will present themselves.  I can do that.  


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment