Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7/9/15 The Empress reversed and the Knight of Cups reversed

Hermetic Tarot today.  My cards are The Empress reversed and the Knight of Cups reversed. 

The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress, who is the mother of form, tells of creative intelligence; she reveals the concepts guarded by The High Priestess, and she encourages me to immerse myself in the manifestations of the physical world.

The Hermetic Empress is seated on a throne amidst crescent moons, flames, the stars of the zodiac, and the scales of Libra.  She is surrounded by symbols of transformation and fertility found in Nature; even her scepter, topped by a diamond (a shape personally significant, which transforms into the octahedron, symbol of “as above, so below”), is connected to the transformative powers of Nature.  Upright, she tells of beauty, pleasure, happiness, success, fertility and action.  Reversed, she represents inaction, vacillation, distraction, or a lack of interest.

The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Prince appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly. This makes sense when you consider that within the Thoth Tarot, he represents Air of Water.  The message here is that whether upright or reversed, my Prince indicates that I tend to respond deeply to life’s events, and that intensity will have an effect on my day.

The Knight of Cups of the Hermetic Tarot is known as the Lord of Waves and Waters.  This Knight rides a beautiful white stallion, prancing amidst the waves, and on his shield are symbols of his suit and rank, the crab and the peacock.  When upright, he is graceful, poetic, enthusiastic, maybe even a bit psychic.  When reversed, he is sensual enough to be imbalanced, subtle enough to border on being untruthful, and hypnotized by pleasure enough to be lethargic.

I see a pattern in these cards, and it makes sense.  This is the typical “hazy, hot and humid” spread, and that is the weather we are having.  I get quite sluggish during these times, and oh boy, are my cards validating that.  I need to understand that this sluggishness is valid, but I should do my best to not allow it to rule my days, or my emotions, my visions, and my ability to create new ideas and opportunities will all be affected.


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment