Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7/14/15 Ace of Cups and Ten of Cups

Today, I am drawn to my Wild Unknown Tarot.  My cards are the Ace of Cups and the Ten of Cups.  I threw these two with my Thoth deck on May 18th; here we are almost two months later, same cards.  Let’s go a bit more in depth. 

The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.

The Wild Unknown Ace of Cups has a simple image on it: a chalice.  The background is blue, representing the element of Water that is represented by the Cup, and it appears that golden light is shining out of the Cup, but we can’t be sure.  Is the Cup filled with some kind of beautifully glistening Water?  Or is it empty, and what we are seeing is actually an illusion or a dream?  We can’t tell yet, but the possibility of experiencing something wonderful is there.

The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. The number Ten is about the completion of a cycle or manifestation, and the suit of Cups is about emotions, feelings and the inner self, so this card offers the bounty that comes with the successful experiencing of all the lessons of the Cups cards.

The Ten of Cups in this deck is harmony and joy personified!  The top five Cups each spill out an individual color, and the bottom five Cups each receive one stream of each color!  Everything can be found within the energies of this card: specific emotional purity as well as a balanced mix of all feelings.  By following one of the pure Cups downward we learn integration of a specific feeling into our lives, and by following one of the colors of the mixed Cups upward, we learn how to deal with and understand and honor one specific feeling.  There is a heck of a lot of power in this card!!

Today I am being told of emotional potential, and perhaps the potential to integrate my emotions and my feelings together in a new way.  Those emotions may be quite deep (and there is no guaranty that they will all be pleasant),and they most likely will have something to do with connections of some kind.  The cool thing is that I should be able to use my experiences thus far, both the pleasant experiences and the painful experiences, to integrate whatever comes at me. 

This makes particular sense to me right now.  I’ve had an experience that is making me remember a painful time in my life.  Memories are churning to the surface of my mind, reminding me of painful and difficult moments of the past.  I’ve done this before, in my Shadow Work, in an effort to heal; this time is different.  Each memory that returns floats before me for a moment, and then turns to ash and blows away.  Perhaps, as my cards are telling me, I have the experience necessary to heal myself and release these memories, once and for all.

Only time will tell.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment