Sunday, October 18, 2015

10/14/15 Queen of Wands reversed and Prince of Disks

I dusted off my Thoth Tarot, and threw the Queen of Wands reversed and the Prince of Disks.  I guess it’s a Court Cards kind of day! The Thoth Tarot handles the Court Cards a bit differently, especially the Knights and Princes.  The Princes hold the rank of Knight, however the definitions and correspondences are similar to the Kings of other decks.  When using the Thoth Tarot, it is easier to work with the elemental correspondences when interpreting the cards. 

The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  She is kind of a self-made woman, with her sense of humor intact. 

The Thoth Queen of Wands, representing Water of Fire, is surrounded by steadily burning flames and a leopard; she cradles in her arms a large wand with a heavy, bulky head.  She is adaptable yet is filled with a persistent and evenly flowing energy.  She has a huge capacity for love, but only when played out in accordance with her rules. 

The Prince/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the clever expert on managing resources, maintaining energy, and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The Prince/King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, but he is reversed today, which means his traits will manifest in a detrimental manner rather than a helpful one.  Yes, I may have resources and I may have the ability to allocate those resources in a good and effective way, but if I get caught up in that process, I will bog myself down with the details and everything will come to a grinding halt.

The Thoth Prince of Disks is Air of Earth, and he is a cool character.  This Prince is completely in control on the material plane; he is the ultimate handyman who tends to not put any effort into things he considers impractical.  He is very grounded, he is ingenious and thoughtful, but yet cautious (sometimes to the point of paranoia).  Uncle Al describes him as having “great energy brought to bear upon the most solid of practical matters.”

My Queen of Wands just might be reversed because I’m obsessing too much on what I should have done; hindsight is always 20/20, but the issues are over and done with, so they should be released.  No brooding allowed.  I should not allow myself to get caught up in details that just don’t matter!  There is so much growth and creativity around me, particularly in the physical realms, and right now I am in a position to take advantage of all of it.  The best thing to do is learn from the things that did not go as planned, and then let them go.  I need to remember that all that creative energy does not usually follow a plan.  Seeds don’t always germinate only in the places you planted them!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment