Thursday, September 3, 2015

8/3/15 The Knight of Cups and the Prince of Disks

I dusted off my Thoth Tarot today, and it looks like its Court Cards Day. I’ve thrown the Knight of Cups and the reversed Prince of Disks.  The Thoth Tarot handles the male Court Cards a bit differently.  The Knights hold the highest rank, however the definitions and correspondences are similar to the Knights of other decks.  The Princes hold the rank of Knight, however the definitions and correspondences are similar to the Kings of other decks.  When using the Thoth Tarot, it is easier to work with the elemental correspondences when interpreting the cards. 

The Knight [King] of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  When upright, this Knight/King appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly.   The message here is that I tend to respond deeply to life’s events, and that intensity will have an effect on my day.

The Thoth Knight of Cups is Fire of Water, and he is seen by others as being calm, cool and collected.  The surprise is that inwardly he feels things strongly, so there are lots of waves churning around out of sight.  He has a natural innocence that attracts others to him, and he will support your cause with enthusiasm; he just might not last until the end.  Indeed, Crowley describes this Knight as, “His name is writ on Water.”

The Prince/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the clever expert on managing resources, maintaining energy, and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The Prince/King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, but he is reversed today, which means his traits will manifest in a detrimental manner rather than a helpful one.  Yes, I may have resources and I may have the ability to allocate those resources in a good and effective way, but if I get caught up in that process, I will bog myself down with the details and everything will come to a grinding halt.

The Thoth Prince of Disks is Air of Earth, and he is a cool character.  This Prince is completely in control on the material plane; he is the ultimate handyman who tends to not put any effort into things he considers impractical.  He is very grounded, he is ingenious and thoughtful, but yet cautious (sometimes to the point of paranoia). 

I am being told that while I tend to feel things deeply, that intensity might have unexpected results.  I need to look for balance, for being cautious might cause me to miss good opportunities, yet throwing caution to the winds has its own danger.  Since my Court Cards cover all four elements (Fire of Water and Air of Earth), there is the ability for synergy, even though on the surface these cards don’t seem to mesh well.  After all, my Prince of Disks is reversed, so I’ve got that going for me.  **wink**

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment