Wednesday, September 2, 2015

8/2/15 The Chariot and the Two of Swords

Shadowscapes Tarot today, and my cards are The Chariot and the Two of Swords. 

The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  My Chariot brings a sense of motion to the day, and motion (and the control of that motion) is his forte.  Comparing him to say, The Emperor, would be a learning experience here. I am also being warned; while I have control over the vehicle and the motor, I am to some extent insulated.  If I look away for a moment, everything might tumble, and focusing on the goal way off in the distance, could end up causing me to trip over something right at my feet. 

The Chariot card of the Shadowscapes Tarot is such a beauty!  The chariot is riding a wave, with the charioteer standing with pride and confidence, reins dropped by her sides.  Her steeds are prancing and proud, eager to move in their chosen directions.  The charioteer controls them not with those reins, but rather with her pride and confidence and her ability to focus on the goal, not on those prancing steeds or the waves around her.  The Shadowscapes Companion describes the energies of this card as “stillness in what is eternal motion,” and that is exactly what we are striving for when working with this card.  To achieve this we need to obtain and maintain skills, and we need to strengthen our ability to focus, even when surrounded by the distraction of churning emotions and spectacular visions.  I can do this today, but I do need to keep in mind that this balance will be fragile, and I must be focused and vigilant in order to maintain it.

The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  A bit of disconnect from the world can be helpful today because it allows me to achieve a pure inner focus. This card can also tell of being self-sufficient, or of not needing input from outside sources.   It can also represent a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  A bit of disconnect from the world can be helpful today because it allows me to achieve a pure inner focus.  In the end, the serenity created through this disconnect could allow the reconciliation of differences or easing of cross-purposes.

The Shadowscapes Two of Swords tells of a conscious and deliberate shutting-out of the world around us.  I am being reminded that choosing to ignore the messages of the world around me (which rarely stills and never stops growing and evolving), has its dangers, no matter how necessary the temporary bubble may feel.  Truth cannot be denied in the end, and the truth that is in my mind is as important as the truth that is in my heart.

These two cards tell of a precarious situation, perhaps more precarious than it appears on the surface.  Control is necessary today, control of my feelings, my emotions and my visions, as well as control of my mind and its tendency to turn away from effort.  If I can stay serene within and if I can keep my mind focused, the rest just might fall into place.

It’s worth a try.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment