Friday, October 5, 2012


The Empress reversed/The High Priestess.  Whoa!  Now, there is a clear message!  The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine.  The Empress is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and its workings, especially the abundance available to those who are aware of its presence, the pleasure of the senses, and using our physical world talents.  Because my Empress is reversed, I am being told that for today, an outer focus will not be as useful as an inner focus.  Want validation of this??  Okay, my other card is The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), the other half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred  Feminine, and she is upright.  The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She has in her possession vast amounts of knowledge and wisdom, however she only shares with the initiated.  Today, that knowledge and wisdom might be available to me.

My Thoth card is the Ten of Cups.  “Satiety” is Crowley’s keyword for the Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) which offers the manifestation of happiness and fulfillment. The joys and blessings represented by this card are simple and usually don’t cost any money.  Of course, Uncle Al does offer a bit of a warning with this one (what else is new?); he sees this card as the “be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it” card.  Gotta visualize in detail!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed, flavored by the Five of Cups reversed.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  This card usually shows a breakdown of the thinking process, but my card is reversed today, so the workings of my mind will be valuable and effective.  More validation for the first pair I threw today.  My Ten of Swords is being flavored by The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive), which in an upright position tells of an emotional setback, or perhaps a perception that support is lacking.  My Five is reversed, so I should feel emotionally serene, supported by those I love, and connected to my Inner Voice. 

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness of effect or manifestation. 

My horoscopes: “Keep careful track of things today, Sagittarius, for you will find that the smallest detail will make the biggest difference. Don't hesitate to go with your hunches when something simply doesn't sound right. Stay focused and try not to get caught off guard when emotional issues come out of nowhere and disturb your thoughts. Trust yourself regardless of what's going on around you.

And: “A passionate letter or phone call from a romantic partner could have you longing for his or her company, and so you're likely to make a night of it this evening. You're both feeling happy, glowing in each other's company. One or both of you will have career successes to report; relations with co-workers and superiors alike should be cooperative and congenial today, and this works well for your future. Enjoy.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  LOL, this one has been appearing a lot, and if I had to choose a card to keep appearing, this would be high on my list.  There is one word that describes the energies of this card perfectly: opportunity.  All Pages bring a message of child-like enthusiasm and optimism,; this Page brings those creative energies into the physical world.  This is a great time to be nurturing new endeavors, and to visualize in detail the desired outcomes. 

Met with my beloved Pagan Brain Trust last evening.  Most of the time, the general focuses, challenges and victories that I am experiencing at any one period are usually reflected, either generally or specifically, within my fellow PBT-ers, and this period is no exception.  Each of us is filled with enthusiasm regarding how things are in our individual lives right now; none of us claim perfection, but we are each happy with the next few steps to be taken on our Journey towards our goals.  Sharing stores, offering encouragement, and eating cake after a delicious home-cooked meal is certainly a recipe for a perfect evening.  I even got my dear Tara down onto my massage mat, finally!

I tried to meditate and connect with Deity during my drive to Cape May this evening.  My Lady Danu was mysteriously absent.  I’ve never had this happen before; I felt like I was surrounded by cotton batting, and could not “hear” Her.  Cernunnos was there; I was surprised to see gray in His hair, but then again, it is almost Samhain.  He reassured me, by saying, “Do not despair, Daughter of Danu; instead, have patience.  Continue on as you have been, and know that things are happening, even if you cannot perceive them.”  Okay then. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment