Monday, October 29, 2012


Two of Pentacles/The Fool reversed.  LOL, now that is a clear message on this day, as Hurricane Sandy approaches! The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows.  This card, whether upright or reverse, is one of several cards in the Tarot that addresses balance, and my Two is one that is about dynamic balance (which is always moving, always changing, and in fact remains balanced because of movement and change).  This is a Pentacles card, so it is addressing my physical world, and oh boy do I need balance and flexibility today!!  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and his powers and energies are neither positive nor negative.  My Fool is reversed, though, and thus I am being told that today is not a good day to just assume things will be okay.  I’ve already got this message and have prepared as much as I can, according to tried-and-true and in-place recommendations.  Be flexible, and don’t be a Fool!

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups.  “Love” is Crowley’s keyword for this card, and this is another important message for me today. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  I am certainly reassured by the connections this card represents, both those connections that are in my immediate area, and those that are miles away, yet still in my heart.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords reversed. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  My Ten of Swords is reversed, so I will feel more empowered than out of control. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  My Six of Swords is also reversed, and it is flavoring my reversed Ten of Swords, validating the empowerment being offered by that Ten, and adding a bit of unshakable resolve.  I am wondering if that reversed Six of Swords might be hinting that science won’t be very available to me today; could mean that the power will go out at some point.

I did not bring my Pearls of Wisdom Tarot, so I will throw my Full Moon card from my Hermetic Tarot.  The card I threw was the Ten of Wands.  LOL, makes sense to me! The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  The keywords for the Hermetic Tarot Ten of Wands are overbearing force and excessive pressure, as well as selfish and material focuses.  I certainly am dealing with overbearing forces today, thanks to hurricane Sandy, and my focus is towards material things as I am here in my Blue Moon House, hoping to keep my basement dry and my home secure. 

My horoscopes: “You're feeling especially sharp, Sagittarius. Your thoughts are more focused than usual and your mind especially penetrating. A promised get-together with friends or loved ones may have to be delayed, but it will take place. Information about possible business opportunities could come through periodicals, and if you like them, check them out. The outlook on anything that comes your way today is especially bright.

And: “When it comes to love and romance, you may find that if things begin to stir, change, or fluctuate in any way, your first impulse is to react dramatically. Keep in mind that this is probably the exact opposite of what you should do. Instead of jumping quickly to conclusions, you should sit back and let things unfold slowly. Resist the urge to make a move today just because your emotions are in an uproar.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Empress.  LOL, looks like I am being told to embrace the elemental effects of this storm!!  The Shadowscapes Empress tells me to be aware of the abundance around me and to embrace the natural world and its effects.  The Empress also represents The Mother aspect of the Sacred Feminine, and I am enjoying tapping into Her loving, nurturing and protecting energies right about now.

Hurricane Sandy Journal:

10/28/12:

3:10 pm.  Just listened to the latest update.  Looks like south Jersey is going to get the heaviest rain, but north Jersey will be getting the worse winds and storm surge.  Right now in Cape May it is 54 degrees (but feels warmer), with light rain and wind gusts to 36 mph.  So far, so good, but it is waaay early yet.  If the power does not go out, I should be able to handle the rest.  **crosses fingers**

7:19 pm.  Another update.  LOL, now they are saying the storm will hit land a bi more south, more like Atlantic County, and it won’t arrive until Tuesday morning.  It is high tide right now, still 54 degrees, with wind gusts to 39 mph.  Corgie Street is quiet, in fact the quiet is downright spooky, considering the storm that is heading our way.  The storm has not het begun its left turn, and I am trying hard to visualize the storm not turning. 

11:00 pm.  Update again.  Temperature is now 43, and wind gusts are up to 42 mph.  The hurricane is finally starting to hint that it will turn towards the coast; damn, I was hoping that would not happen quite yet.  The further north the storm makes landfall, the better for me, so I will keep hoping.  We haven’t had a huge amount of rain yet, but according to the radar, it is coming.  We still have power, but that could change at any time.  I am getting ready for bed.  If I can’t sleep, I will post again. 

10/29/12:

6:30 am. Checking in; got up to go to the bathroom.  Wind started to howl after midnight, and those eerie quiet times are less, so I did not sleep well.  All houses creak in this situation, and I guess my adrenaline is a bit high.  Rain has been heavy, then light.  It is 49 degrees, thankfully not cold out there, and while the temperature will go down a few degrees tomorrow, there won’t be much of a change.  I’ve got power **knocks on wood**.  The storm turned to the north during the night with certainty, and is trending west.  Now they are saying that the storm won’t weaken until after landfall, late tonight (which is a bit earlier than they were saying yesterday).  Peak gusts are still at 39 mph, but we are averaging in the high 20s and low 30s now. High tide is in about an hour, and the weather reporter is right now showing someone standing at what looks like poverty beach; the higher waves are spilling onto Beach Drive.  Hopefully this will be the next to the last high tide before the storm starts to wane.  It is just getting light, and I am going to try to get a bit more sleep.

9:00 am. Checking in.  It’s 50 degrees, and the storm is moving north/northwest now, 20 mph, which is faster than all night.  Sandy is back up to a Category 1 hurricane.  It is on final approach to our area but still 250 miles away, and hopefully the worst of it will be during the day, while it is still light.  There is a news team staying at Congress Hall, and they are showing photos of the water coming over the boardwalk down by the cove.  The Garden State Parkway is closed on the southbound side at mile marker 38, Ocean City; the water is right next to the edge of the pavement.  In Atlantic City, roads are flooded and the ocean came quite close to the boardwalk during this high tide.   Rain here in Cape May is moderate, but Delaware and eastern Maryland is getting drowned by heavy, heavy rain.  The funny thing is, I just spoke to my husband, and it’s not raining in Bergen County.   The sylphs hare having a ball, howling and making the trees dance.  Thankfully, everyone put their yard stuff away, so nothing is blowing around.  After my earlier post this morning, I took out my brand new singing bowl, and played the bowl as I calmed my center.  I actually felt like the winds quieted for a bit so the sylphs could hear my bowl singing.  I know I felt calmer.  Also, town trucks have been coming through Corgie Street.  I saw a truck come by three times yesterday and last night, and Corgie Street is by no means a main thoroughfare.

11:00 am.  Another check in.  Friends who live only two blocks from the beach in the neighborhood called Froggy Hollow just arrived at my neighbors’ house across the street.  Their street is flooded by rainwater (but their house is still dry), and they are spending the rest of the hurricane on Corgie Street.  I also heard that the small restaurant at the southern end of Beach Drive called The Cove is either in the process of being destroyed, or has been destroyed.   The tide is going out, but the problem is that the onshore winds are preventing the water from draining.  Tonight’s high tide is going to be bad.  We’ve still got wind gusts at about 40 mph, with sustained winds between 10 and 20 mph, the storm is 210 miles southeast of Cape May, still moving north/northwest (no hard left turn yet), and it is still 50 degrees.  We haven’t even gotten an inch of rain yet, but I am assuming rain is on the way; as of right now, they are expecting the storm to make landfall at around midnight. I am also seeing on tv that a small section of the Atlantic City boardwalk was destroyed; some of it washed out to sea, other sections are now laying on Atlantic Avenue.  Supposedly this section was already damaged and was scheduled for repair, so it was a weak section.  I am seeing on tv waves under the back decks of some of the houses on LBI; those poor people are going to lose their homes.  But the power is still on here, and the basement is still dry.  I’m sipping hot coffee, I’ve got food, and ice for my scotch.  Time to take a shower!

I will continue with this Hurricane Sandy Journal, and will post the rest of my experiences when I can.  But since I do still have power as of now, here is what I have so far.

Hugs and Blessed Be!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment