Monday, October 15, 2012


The Empress/Ace of Wands.  Woohoo!  Powah!! The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine.  The Empress is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others.  The Empress loves the way she feels, loves her energy body, and loves the energy of everyone and everything around her.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the presence of inspiration that could very well bring creativity and passion into my life. This card is encouraging me to have the courage to act, and to believe in my own natural talents and hard-earned skills

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups.  “Disappointment” is the keyword for this one. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback, or perhaps a perception that support is lacking.  Crowley sees this one as disturbing the ease of the Four of Cups, and to Crowley that to him is not good. 

My Legacy card is The Star reversed, flavored by the Knight of Coins reversed.  Errr . . . what happened? The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and in an upright position is the “good will to all” card.  The Star is about optimism and faith, synergy with the world, and an awareness of that synergy.  My reversed Star could be indicating a time of discomfort or of being disturbed or worried about something.  My reversed Star is being flavored by the Knight of Coins, also reversed.  The Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  He is flavoring my reversed Star, and perhaps I am being told that I am somewhat mired in the same old thing, and thus, I am not accessing those uplifting feelings such as hope and optimism. 

My Pearls of Wisdom New Moon card is the King of Wands reversed. The Pearls of Wisdom King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  Because my King of Wands is reversed, this waxing moon time might not be good for me to put my own creativity out there as a leader.  Better to be a follower for a bit, and learn from my leaders and at the same time, solidify my own base. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end or completion of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential.

My horoscopes: “It's likely that your personal and creative horizons are expanding, Sagittarius. Your or another's artistic enterprises might pay off big today. You could be introduced to people who prove to be valuable contacts as well as new friends. Your love relationships are going well. Your new feeling of enthusiasm and self-confidence certainly doesn't hurt!

And: “Long-term trends in your life are coming to an important climax at this time for you, and you may find that this dramatic period in your life is being highlighted today by the added amount of information being thrown your way. Try to make small adjustments to your heading that incorporates this new information. Be aware of the prevailing winds and you will be much better off in terms of your relationship to the people around you.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Two of Cups.  I just love the image on this card!  I have read that the Two of Cups represents the reflection of me that I see in my lover’s eyes.  The Shadowscapes Two of Cups tells of the “alchemy of the elements,” and I just love that term!  This is the “yin/yang” card of the Tarot, more so than The Lovers.  It is about giving love, and it is about opening ourselves to receive love.  Love is the question, and the answer.

Today is the New Moon, which represents new beginnings.  My Touchstones Daily Meditations entry for today echoes this optimism.  “What lies before us today is an unpainted picture.  There are many possibilities for events to take a good turn.  This, too, is part of the package, but we must believe and affirm the good things in order to accept them.  When our only expectations are pain and trouble, they probably will be our only experiences.  However, when we have faith that a better life is possible, we open ourselves to receive it.”  True, dat.  I think I will expect good things to come to me today, with focus. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment