Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Strength reversed/The Emperor. The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus, however it is not about brute physical force.  Today my Strength card is reversed, and I just may end up dealing with my “beast within” on several occasions.  Hopefully I will be able to reign in the beast, and remain in control.  I choose to see this as a good opportunity to test my ability to remain strong.  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence and authority.  The Emperor actively seeks balance by imposing order on his world.  He is validating my reversed Strength card, and offering a possible recipe for success: take action and bring order to your world.  The Emperor believes that life is much easier when the trains run on time, and today I think he just might have something.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Disks reversed.  “Failure,” but reversed.  The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) represents a time when we look at the fruits of our labors in order to determine if they are ready for harvest.  Crowley sees this card as being a bit more of a throwing down of the garden tool and abandoning the project, rather than leaning on the tool in order to see what we’ve accomplished.  My Seven of Disks is reversed, so no matter what, the time has not come to pause, either to assess the current situation, or to throw down the rake and walk away.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords reversed, flavored by The Wheel. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) in an upright position is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  The intellect has the power to either help or hurt, and I think I do need to remember this today. My reversed Ace of Swords is being flavored by The Wheel. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) represents the actions and effects of fate and destiny, and not of anything that we in the end can control.  My Wheel is flavoring my reversed Ace, and perhaps whatever it is that is causing my angst is not something I can control.  Perhaps that is why my Ace is reversed!  I am better off using my intellect in order to plan how I can exist alongside the currents of energy, rather than trying to change their direction or flow!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “If you find yourself tired and irritable at the moment, Sagittarius, you should know that this is normal. You may have had a few weeks that were a little too studious. Would you like to continue on the same path? Be careful that your ambitions don't lead you to serious physical exhaustion, Sagittarius. You'll be even more frustrated if you get sick. So be wise and take care of your basic needs.

And: “Matters of the heart are in your favor today, and you should prepare yourself for a day full of social activities and good conversation with friends. You might also find that your creative spirit is quite heightened today, and you can't go wrong picking the right item in a jewelry store, clothing outlet, or flea market. Your taste for the elegant and beautiful is quite piqued, so feel free to indulge.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  Again!  This card must like me.  This card is a lovely reminder for me; this Page is holding out the spark of creative ability in the physical world, as a reminder that I have this ability.  My Page can’t do the work for me; it is up to me to nurture this spark until it becomes a flame.  I need to get to work!

Ugh, I am coming down with a head cold.  My nose is itchy, my throat is scratchy, and my head feels like it is full of cotton.  I don’t have time to be sick!!!  I am upping the fluids, but I’ve got lots to do yet today before I can even think of hugging my pillow.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment