Thursday, October 4, 2012


Five of Wands reversed/Nine of Pentacles reversed.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross purposes.  My card is reversed, so any chaos won’t have a hindering effect on me today.  Who knows; maybe all that churning energy will help! The Nine of Pentacles (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline, and the enjoyment of the fruits of our labor. However, this card is also reversed.  This could be telling me that I’ve not accomplished quite as much as I thought I did, so now is not the time for me to rest on my laurels.  Or it could be telling me that the time of assessment is over, and I must move on and harvest what I’ve sown.  Focus!  Be flexible, and take advantages of the unexpected opportunities that show up.

My Thoth card is The Devil reversed.  The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things.  Ambition and the success that ambition brings (and the pleasures of success) are wonderful things, but there is a danger here, too.  If we become too focused on the physical world evidence of our success, we just might miss out on the underlying message, the one that is really important.  Since my Devil is reversed, the appetite of my physical senses may very well be controllable.  This could mean that I can use those appetites to my benefit, but I had better tread warily here and try not to cling to this concept too strongly.  After all, even though he’s reversed, this crafty Devil knows more about these things than I do!

My Legacy card is The Magician reversed, flavored by the King of Wands reversed.  More reversed cards.  The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The upright Magician takes action with confidence because he is skilled at using the tools at his disposal, and is willing to work hard to manifest his goals.  To him the ends justify the means.  Because my Magician is reversed, I may find that today, elemental skills and the manipulation of the energies and matter around me won’t be very efficient.  The reversed King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is flavoring my reversed Magician today, and this is a validation of my interpretation.  This King is a natural leader who not only creates new strategies through hard-earned knowledge, experience and wisdom, but puts them into effect as well.  Sounds like the upright Magician, eh?  Any new ideas that come to me today may seem irresistible, but it sure sounds like if I sleep on those ideas rather than activating them, tomorrow morning I just might not be as confident of their value.

Since I threw all reversed cards, I also threw a clarification card; I chose to use my Llewellyn Welsh deck, and threw The Universe.  Wow!  The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world), is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  This one tells of the end of a cycle of evolution, but it also indicates that I have not only finished the cycle, but I’ve absorbed and understood the mystery associated with this cycle.  Perhaps this is why all my cards are reversed today!  The Llewellyn Welsh Universe card shows the Cadair Idris, the mighty chair at the peak of a mighty mountal, where the world can be seen.  Access to this chair and the ability to understand what can be seen indicates a high level of evolution and growth,   It literally symbolizes reaching a higher dimension and attaining a broader outlook!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Be a pioneer thinker today, Sagittarius. There's a noble courage in your thoughts, so don't let this quality go to waste. You will be surprised at how cutting edge you can be when you put your mind to it. Take a walk by yourself and contemplate the next major move that you'd like to make in your life. Feel free to brainstorm bold ways to execute this plan.

And: “Sore throats and mild cold symptoms could affect your ability to attend to your chores today. Normally you're an active person, so this is likely to affect your self-confidence, not to mention your ability to do what you want to do. Upsets within your circle of friends, which are beyond your control, can also affect your focus and concentration. Don't dwell on them. Stay calm, dose yourself with orange juice and herbal tea and get through the day as best as you can.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  This card usually represents accomplishments in the physical world, and the Shadowscapes Ten of Pentacles is no exception.  This is a card of attainment, sometimes after long effort, but since this Pentacles card represents the end of a cycle, it also contains the seed of potential that could germinate into the next round of growth and evolution.  This seed is as important as the delights to be had from the rewards of my labor, so I should not forget to give it a bit of nurturing before I relax.

Tonight, I am heading out to visit the Wayne Contingency of the Pagan Brain Trust.  It’s been too long, and I am looking forward to sitting around The Table, sharing thoughts with my peeps.  **smile**

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment