Sunday, October 14, 2012


Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

1, Gateway: Spring (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Spring represents the beginning of a new cycle of creativity.  This card shows potent power, power that is still filled with innocence and the end of waiting.

14, Time of Day: Midday (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Midday is also a time of peak power, the peak of light and illumination for the current day.  This is a time when shadows are small and seeing clearly is easy, but this moment of clarity is not permanent.  Soon enough, the shadows will begin to grow once more. 

29, Guide: Turtle (West). West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Turtle offers us an opportunity to learn about protection; not the kind of protection that shuts out the world but rather, the kind of protection that allows us to dive deep and explore the unknown without fear.  Turtle is also slow and steady, is patient, and endures.

I then created my mandala; another compact, circular image!  Both the Turtles and the rays of the Midday sun seem to be emanating from the Gateway of Spring.  I am being told that this is a creative time for me, filled with new potential, not yet tried or understood, yet very, very potent.  It seems that I am ready to move forward.  My efforts thus far will be a protective shell for me, and I need to be sure that I move forward slowly yet with a steady pace, keeping my Path in my focus, no mater what bumps in the road appear.  While Spring is in my mandala, it is Fall that is increasingly influencing me.  I need to remember that this transformation from one season to another is valuable for me this year, and I should grab hold of opportunities that appear, and protect them just enough so that they can germinate safely, without being choked.

Another gloriously beautiful Fall day in Cape May!  I walked down to the Cove last night for sunset, and got up this sunny morning and took Violet (my bike) first to Sunset Beach (where the water was blue as a sapphire, sprinkled with whitecaps), and then through Cape May Point to Point Park, where I walked the 2 mile trail.  I saw a few patches of midges, a few monarchs, even saw a red admiral; one falcon passed, winging purposely across the path, and two coopers hawks flying overhead (one passed right over me), with their easily recognized flying pattern: flap, flap, flap, soar; flap, flap, flap, soar.  I also saw a group of migrating snow geese, moving from northwest to southeast. 

I took a walk to the Cove at sunset again after riding Violet down to the beach.  Gloriously beautiful weather.  Tonight, I am tired.  I’ve been busy this weekend, and I think I will go to bed early tonight.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment