Saturday, October 13, 2012


The Moon reversed/The Horned One (Devil) reversed. The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is also about feelings.  These aren’t always comfortable though, but since my Moon is reversed, I will be serene, untroubled and at peace. The Horned One (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things.  Ambition and the success that ambition brings (and the pleasures of success) are wonderful things, but there is a danger here, too.  If we become too focused on the physical world evidence of our success, we just might miss out on the underlying message, the one that is really important.  Since my Devil is reversed, the appetite of my physical senses may very well be controllable.  This could mean that I can use those appetites to my benefit, but I had better tread warily here and try not to cling to this concept too strongly.  After all, even though he’s reversed, this crafty Devil knows more about these things than I do!

My Thoth card is the Nine of Wands reversed.  “Strength” is Crowley’s keyword for the The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells us to prepare for the worst, but to wait before being aggressive.  My card is reversed today, and paired with an upright Two of Wands.  Sounds like my power, influence and authority will shine, with no regrets!!

My Legacy card is the Three of Swords reversed, flavored by the Seven of Swords reversed.  Hmmm . . . yesterday was all Majors, today all reversed.  Something strange is coming, fer sher. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  My Three of Swords is reversed, so I just might be able to short circuit any “poor me” thoughts before they take control, and thus I should be able to visualize good stuff. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the active effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  My Seven of Swords is reversed, and I should be able to remember that everything can’t go my way all the time.  Integration and synergy should be my choice today.

I always throw a clarification card when I throw five reversed cards.  Today, I chose to use my Llewellyn Welsh Tarot, and threw the Two of Swords.  Interesting card!  The Two of Swords represents an interesting kind of mental strength: the strength to willingly and consciously shut out the outside world.  This skill can be very useful, or it can be very damaging.  Now, let’s look at the upright meanings of my reversed cards. The Moon can mean unreasonable perceptions, The Horned One can mean too much focus on the physical senses, the Nine of Wands can represent the expectation of hostility, the Three of Swords can mean betrayal or hurt, and the Seven of Swords can mean insistence on doing things my way.  And my clarification card is telling me to wrap my intellect around me like a protective blanket, so that I don’t get influenced by anything outside of me.  Now, my question here is this: is my Two of Swords causing the reversed cards?  Or is it validating the reversed cards?  I believe my clarification card is telling me that today I need to be more inside myself, and less open to the distractions of the outside world, maybe because I might end up connecting to all those reversed energies in a harmful way.  I need to protect myself today.  Okay, then. 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and aware response to the pause and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain the harmony and balance of the number 6 for a bit longer. 

My horoscopes: “Some stimulating discussions could take place today. Your energy is likely to be very high, Sagittarius. You may want to throw yourself into your work, particularly if it involves paperwork. You might also want to go for a workout, try your hand at writing, or read about the latest discoveries concerning optimal health. Books, magazines, and the Internet could prove especially useful.

And: “Be careful not to lose your temper today. You're champing at the bit these days, though your daring nature has been reined in by financial and professional constraints. It's useless to entertain grandiose illusions at the moment. Moreover, you can expect some confrontations if you try. If you are advised to be more conservative, heed the suggestion.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Swords.  This card represents every hero you can visualize, strong, courageous, able to leap into the fray without fear for his own safety (hopefully because he has honed his warrior skills!).  Hopefully he is acting through loyalty, rather than irresponsibility.  In any case, by the time we realize he is preparing to leap, he has already done it!

It’s a beautiful Fall day here in Cape May.  I slept well last night, got up this morning and hit the Breadstand (yum, freshly baked multigrain with sunflower seeds, and raisins and spice; choices!).  Next, an awesome Yoga class at Balance.  I feel wonderful, really strong.  Not that I don’t feel a bit of soreness after a Yoga class; there is a tiny bit of soreness, just enough to remind me that I pushed my body close to my own personal limit (but not past that limit, never past a physical limit or injury could happen).  My subtle body is benefiting immensely from all these Yoga classes; I can feel that my meridians are clean and clear, and the energy is moving with a lovely tingling strength.  I’ve got some SMPDA Tarot readings to do this afternoon.  Then some cleaning Sunset is early today, 6:25 pm, and I think I will walk to the Cove later and enjoy the clear sky as the Sun sinks into the Delaware Bay.  And tomorrow . . . tomorrow I will bike to Point Park as always, and walk the 2 mile trail.  Then, I will spend my day in my beloved garden.

Do I still get tempted to slack off, even after over six months of a dedicated focus on physical fitness?  You bet.  Take this morning; it was quite chilly and I was sooooo warm and comfy under my blanket.  I had left the blinds open on purpose because the front windows in my bedroom face East, and I wanted the Sun to gently waken me this morning.  I think that lovely sunshine was what talked me into coming out from the cocoon of warmth, and once I did get up, I was so glad. 

My Ayurvedic studies have taught me that for me, getting up and exercising first thing in the morning, rather than sitting down to breakfast first, is what really helps me to keep on track for the rest of the day.  But every day is a new struggle, and temptations abound. 

My Touchstones Daily Meditation for yesterday focused on this very concept.  “When we think we have moved beyond the draw of old behaviors, we veer away from our path of recovery.  In saying we have grown out of our powerlessness, or saying that our resolve can now protect us, we are heading back into old troubles.”  Wow, that is important.  I keep thinking that I will eventually grow out of the need to be on guard against the temptation of overeating, or of being a “slug” day after day and resting rather than being active.  Maybe that is the wrong way to focus; maybe instead, I should strengthen my resolve a bit each day, rather than assuming that I won’t need it any longer.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment