Friday, June 27, 2014

6/27/14

Nine of Swords/Page of Pentacles. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangeable.  This card represents the “agony of the mind,” and the poison created by this agony can kill the day.  I have the ability to control what my mind focuses on, and perhaps my Page is offering me a way to turn lemons into lemonade. The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Page of Pentacles loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also loves to also be a catalyst for change in the physical world, change for everyone.  My Page does this all through the outlook of a child, and while he strives to learn something new from every situation in his world, he also strives to inject a bit of fun into even the most boring or uncomfortable task.  Sounds good to me.

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Swords (“Ruin”) reversed and the Five of Swords (“Defeat”) reversed.  Well, I have those two reversed cards going for me. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back.  Talk about overkill!  The suit of Swords is about the mind and the intellect, and because my card is reversed, I should be able to drag myself out of the abyss of Ruin before it is too late. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card in an upright position could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others, but like my Ten of Swords, it is reversed.  Looks like my mind will be focusing on the higher good of everyone, and I will have confidence in whatever I decide is best.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Wands (another Nine card!), being flavored by the Page of Cups reversed. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of the order and control that helps us to plan for possible challenges or hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan.  Because both the Nine of Wands and the Nine of Swords are in my throw today, I do need to prepare for the worst but I should also remember that I might be perceiving things worse than they are.  My Nine of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Page of Cups. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and it is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  Because it is reversed, it seems to be supporting the energies of the Nine of Wands, telling me that seeing things through rose-colored glasses might have uncomfortable results.  Get real!

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Tonight you might host a social event in your home, perhaps for business associates. You could be nervous at first, Sagittarius, wondering if all will go as well as you hope, but your efforts should produce the results you want. You might be introduced to new contacts, leading to increased opportunities. Take a walk after everyone has gone. Your mind will be churning and you'll want to clear your head.

And: “Be careful not to lose your temper today. You're champing at the bit these days, though your daring nature has been reined in by financial and professional constraints. It's useless to entertain grandiose illusions at the moment. Moreover, you can expect some confrontations if you try. If you are advised to be more conservative, heed the suggestion

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment