Monday, June 2, 2014

6/1/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

42, Guide: Angel (Above).  The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery.  Angel is the Guide for the Celestial Realm, and you could say that Angel is one of the messengers who bridges the gap between us and the vast expanses of the Universe.  When Angel appears in a spread, some event or effect may have more significance than I think, and I had better pay attention.

58, Grail Hollows: The Spear (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Spear is about challenges and sacrifice, karma and focus, severe consequences and the concept of “piercing.”  The Spear can be seen like a scalpel which in the hands of a skilled surgeon can cut out disease (even if leaving a scar).  Redundancy is destroyed by The Spear in order to clear the land so new growth can begin.

49, Saturn (Above). The direction of Above reminds us that we are small and the Universe is huge, and yet we are connected, and though seemingly insignificant, we are important.  “As Above, so Below” is an important consideration here; just because things are so huge that we can’t perceive them does not mean they can’t empower us, or knock us to our knees.  The planet Saturn is about structure and boundaries, and about constricting energies within a particular format, often involving time.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Wow, that Spear really does emphasize what I have in this mandala: Above bracketing Below!  The Spear has pierced the symbol for Saturn, and I think there is an important message for me today: break free!  Structure is meant to act as a foundation, not a prison, and “instructions” are already there, I just need to perceive them.  If I use The Spear with skill and temperance, I can pierce illusion and see the next important step.  It looks as if the energies of the world around me are attempting to enable and empower me, even if it takes a slap upside the head with the cosmic two by four.  I can do this!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment