Friday, April 11, 2014

4/11/14

Eight of Swords/Page of Wands.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  This card tells me that today I may feel as if outside forces are controlling me, preventing me from doing the things I want to do.  This may seem unfair to me, or it may even seem that I am being punished for something.  The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. This Page is reminding me that I am only being restricted if I believe this is so.  There is always room to play, to be excited about even a mundane responsibility, and to be open to new experiences.  If I try, I can see even the most boring task in a new way; sounds like good advice.

My Thoth cards are the Four of Cups (“Luxury”) reversed and Lust (Strength) reversed.  . The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) in an upright position reminds us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives, and since it is reversed, I should remember today that any discomfort which presents itself has a hidden benefit.  The Strength card, which Crowley calls “Lust” (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  Crowley sees this card as offering the traditional meanings (courage, passion, inner focus and fortitude), but he also sees it as representing the use of magick or magickal powers.  My Lust card is reversed, and perhaps it will seem to me that surrender is a better choice.  Uncomfortable circumstances?  If I close my eyes and ignore them, they might go away, right? 

My Legacy card is the Seven of Wands, flavored by the Knight of Coins reversed.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end.  The Legacy Seven of Wands has a personal message to me: a test is coming.  I don’t know if I am the person giving the test to another, or if I am the person needing to pass the test, but I need to be aware that this test is happening.  My Seven of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Knight of Coins.  The Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  It looks like caution and focused persistence won’t be beneficial today, even if I am going to be tested in some way.  Sometimes being blind to everything but the task at hand brings failure over the long term.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “This isn't a good day to visit the racetrack, Las Vegas, or any store that sells lottery tickets. Stay away from the stock market, too, Sagittarius. Speculation of any kind now could be risky at best and disastrous at worst. Romance is also likely to be blocked today, since you're probably feeling a bit lethargic and not very sociable. Read a good book. That's the most productive thing you could do today!”

And: “One or more of your entourage could appear to be rather upset or depressed today, and this is likely to affect your own efficacy with your work. Those in question are not going to be very much into communicating, so it's best just to turn a blind eye and forge ahead in spite of the situation. It's going to be tougher than usual, but it's nothing you can't handle.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment