Sunday, July 29, 2012

Transparent Oracle Sunday!  As usual, I asked “What do I need to know?” and then shuffled the cards.  Here is what I got:

39, Guide: Wolf (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Wolves are seen by many as dangerous, even evil, but we should always keep in mind when we are working with Wolf that he is the ancestor of the dogs we humans love so much.  Wolf has a strong sense of family, and of rank within that family.  Wolf can communicate over great distances, and has the stamina to travel those distances in the first place.  Wolf has keen instincts, and a strong urge to protect his territory.

23, Element: Water (West).  West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Water is about emotions, feelings, the Inner Voice, dreams, intuition, and Water is connected to both birth and death.  Because our physical bodies contain so much Water, whatever affects Water usually affects us as well.  The image on this card also shows ripples moving outward; something to remember when we are expressing our feelings.

28, Guide: Frog (West).  Water is emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same; its dignities are cold/binds and wet/adapts.  Water is Frog’s environment, but not only Water.  In an immature stage, Frog must exist in Water or die, but when Frog becomes an adult, she can move between the worlds; double transformation powers!  Frog is also known to be fertile (she lays a huge amount of eggs), and because Frog has a permeable skin, she is also associated with sensitivity and healing.

I then created my mandala.  Boy, this one is even tighter than last week’s mandala; everything is layered in the center.  Frog is covering Wolf, yet Wolf’s nose is sticking out as if he was testing the wind, keeping track of things.  Looks like my place in my world is important this week, but so is the concept of cycles or transformation.  Perhaps that transformation or those cycles might be more apparent to me, at least at first, but if I look below them, I will see that my place within my family is my foundation.  In the center of all is my emotions, my feelings, and most important, my instincts.

I’ve got a house full of company this weekend, and I love it.  My friends are active, and oh boy, do we laugh.  The weather is not perfect, but we’ve had some awesome thunderstorms.  Sitting on the porch during a thunderstorm is incredible.

I did something stupid yesterday, and unfortunately this happens to me every so often.  I volunteered to teach a class, and miss-read the time.  By 2 hours.  Oy.  I hate when I do that.  I will reschedule, but I feel terrible that I let everyone down.  I guess I need to do this every so often, as a reminder to pay attention.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment