Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ace of Cups/Page of Swords reversed. The Aces are quite powerful cards; they contain each of the Court Cards of their suit, and thus my Ace of Cups, which focuses on the element of Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts), also contains a bit of Fire, Air and Earth, as each of the Court Cards of the suit of Cups tell how Cups is influenced by and influences each of the other elements. The Ace of Cups tells of the potential for emotions, feelings and an intense inner connection to affect my day. The Page of Swords in an upright position corresponds with Capricorn (“I build”), Aquarius (“I know”) and Pisces (“I believe”), and is said to represent Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes) of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts); thus his job is to find practical applications for the intellect. This Page is reversed, so in many ways it supports the energies of the Ace of Cups, which are not concerned with practicality.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Swords reversed. In an upright position, Crowley’s Prince is Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes) of Air; he is completely intellectual, and not grounded at all. On the contrary, his intellect is fueled by Fire, and thus all those powerful ideas bounce off of each other. He reduces everything to unreality because he removes its substance. The card is reversed, so his intensity may not have an impact today.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups, flavored by The High Priestess reversed. Hmmmm. . . well, the Legacy Seven of Cups is such a pretty card that I can see how it would hypnotize one with choices. Sometimes it is okay to let a bit of overload fill our awareness, but not for long. I am being told that choices may appear to me today. If I block out that Inner Voice which is The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), I will not make the right choice. Perhaps what I am missing here, what The High Priestess is whispering to me softly, is that I should choose to **not** select any of the options presented to me.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of motion that upsets the stability of the number 4, but in doing so it prevents stagnation. And that, in the end, is good.

My horoscopes: “Your emotions could feel restricted today, Sagittarius, a feeling that may be difficult to shake. Take this opportunity to calm down and relax. You'll enjoy the good times more when you give your body the rest it needs. Always pushing for bigger and better adventures may be fun, but it can leave you too tired to fully appreciate them.”

And: “You want to go horseback riding, but your friends want to go to the movies. Then you want Chinese while they want Mexican. What to do? At times like this when your wants and needs are running in opposite directions, it's a good idea to go your separate ways and then meet up later. Why not go to a neighborhood with lots of restaurants, get your own take-out and meet up in the park so you can enjoy your different cuisines together?”

And: “You are in one of those periods when you need a guide. This is a time when one often wants to learn from the masters of a domain, even if it does mean putting oneself in the role of disciple. This is a wonderful change for you, especially because you are often the one who teaches others. This kind of recycling can only do you a world of good. If there is a new subject that you want to study, now is the time to embrace it.”

I am sitting on my front porch, with a glass of wine and two candles. It is just after 9 pm, local time, and I can see Jupiter winking at me from above the roof of the house across the street. There is a party going on at another of the houses across the street, and I can hear laughter and music. People are coming and going, enjoying their evenings, and a horse and cart even came past a little while ago.

I had a wonderful day. The last of the family went home this morning, and Bob and his mother left at noon. Bob has work, and that’s a good thing, so he went home early. That means I have an unexpected bonus at the end of a truly enjoyable family vacation: two full days alone in Cape May!

I walked to the Cove this morning, and as soon as I got near the boardwalk, I saw that there was a craft fair. LOL, I forgot! But the cool thing is that there was a vendor present today who had been at the last craft fair a few weeks ago. I really liked his work, mostly hand-made statues cast from brass, but could not afford anything the last time he was selling. But this time I had a bit of cash, and fell in love with a small dragon, which was cast in copper.

I work with copper when I wrap crystals, and this little guy really touched me, so he came home with me. He is sitting on the counter, his tail wrapped around a real nice Cape May diamond that I found earlier in the week, during one of the mornings that my brother-in-law and I spent there. I have decided to name him Fafnir, which is the name of the Elemental Dragon of Fire.

I walked back to the Cove tonight, for sunset. An indulgence. I got there about ten minutes early, and I walked out to almost the end of the jetty and sat in the sand, facing the sun. I cast a circle around myself, and then opened each of my chakras. I felt Ailm join me; she sat next to me, and put her left hand on my right shoulder as we watched the beautiful orange orb of the sun approach the horizon.

As soon as the bottom part of the sun touched the horizon, I felt a deep connection to the Sacred Masculine, and to all of Nature. We are connected to Nature, and Nature is a part of each of us. Nature is also a manifestation of the workings of the Divine, and thus Goddess and God are infused in Nature, are a cause of Nature, and are caused by Nature. I am also a part of this lovely lace of different colored ribbons, and I believe my task is to find exactly where I fit in, and to understand my place and the effects of my life and of living. I felt a strong bond this evening, as I watched the sun slip below the horizon, seeming to move slowly at first but the last ember of golden orange light slipped away quickly. Humans have watched that same sight for thousands of years, and marveled at the beauty of it all . . . and worshipped the Powers behind it all, just as I did this evening.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment