Monday, April 26, 2021

April 26, 2021: X of Air and VII The Chariot


Continuing with the powerful Wayfarer Tarot (by Salpietro-Babb and Shipman), today my cards are the X of Air and VII The Chariot.  Nice that I have a Minor and a Major to play with today.

One of our Pages yesterday was of the suit of Air, and we already learned that the raven symbolizes the mind and thought, as well as learning through both an active search for data and the use of the intuition to receive messages and direction.  The image on our X of Air shows a raven sitting in the branches of a tree, with his mouth open as if he was calling out.  One nearby branch is covered with large thorns, and a part of that branch is wrapped around the raven's neck.  

My other card is VII The Chariot, and this is one of the cards that drew me to this deck.  The image is of the space shuttle, arriving to its orbital position above the atmosphere of our world thanks to the hard work, skill, and direction of the Charioteer.  This particular representation of the Major Arcana card really shows the momentum, power and force that is offered by this card, should we have the skill and courage to access them.  

The ten cards of the Minors tell of completion (as opposed to the nine cards, which tell of completeNESS), so the X of Air is letting us know that we are at the end of a cycle (also validating the new possibilities hinted at by my Page of Air yesterday).  Dealing with the ten numbered cards of the suit of Air can be quite challenging; each card presents a new obstacle to overcome, kind of like going to the gym and working out the different muscles in the body.  Dealing with each obstacle can bring pain and bruising and tears, but in the end we are made stronger by what we overcome.  This card is telling me that while I may be battered and wounded, I've succeeded as well.  There may have been times that I have wanted to give up, but I didn't do that; I hung in there.  This final challenge is not as difficult as it appears to be, and I have the skill set to extricate myself from the thorns without getting scratched.  

To me, The Chariot of The Wayfarer Tarot offers a modern metaphor for the more traditional image.  This Chariot is not propelled by wheels but rather, by burning fuel.  Travel has become commonplace in our modern world, whether by car, train, airplane or jet.  I am being told to examine where I am going, because the possibilities are truly endless, like the Universe around me.  The key is to plan carefully so that I know what direction to aim for, and so I know how to focus my aim so it is effective.

The digital Guidebook for this deck states that the X of Air is connected to The Magician and The Wheel of the Majors.  The Magician works within the element of Air, and he is a personally significant card for me so the message of the X of Air is also personal.  The Chariot refines the message of the X of Air by reminding me that for a successful space launch, preparation needs to be careful and timing needs to be perfect.  My own leap into space needs to take into consideration the other larger forces that could have an effect on the launch and the space ship's trajectory.

Interesting.  Card images can be found on my Instagram account, orange_dancing_sparkles.


No comments:

Post a Comment